Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 9-Mar 31
Jan 9-Mar 31
Feb 6 - Apr 28 2023
Mar 6 - May 26 2023
Apr 3 - Jun 23 2023
Average Class Size
Lighthouse Lab’s immersive 12-week Data Science Bootcamp will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to launch a career in Data Science. From SQL to Python to Machine Learning and beyond, you’ll learn a mix of programming, mathematical, and applied data skills to help you succeed on the job.
What You’ll Learn
- Data Foundations: Dive into Python and get to know fundamental tools such as Git, GitHub, bash commands, and Jupyter Notebooks. Build up your foundations in probability and statistics, and learn how to access JSON APIs to fetch datasets and extract key insights.
- Data Wrangling: Learn how to clean and structure complex data sets. Apply different data wrangling techniques to prepare JSON and XML files, leverage SQL clean your data, and use APIs to access data from various sources.
- Data Visualization: Discover how to translate your data into shareable insights with data visualization. Learn the most popular tools – like matplotlib, Seaborn, and Plotly – and learn how to select the best tools to convey the story you want to tell.
- Machine Learning: Machine Learning is core to applied Data Science, and you’ll learn how to build Machine Learning models from the ground up, including data preparation, dimensionality reduction, optimization and evaluation.
- Data Engineering: Learn how to improve data quality and move models into production and deployment. Develop data engineering pipelines and Machine Learning deployment using cloud tools like Apache Spark, Docker, Flask, and more.
- Deep Learning: Dive into deep learning techniques and learn about the densely-connected natural networks that drive performance. Learn to identify the appropriate natural network architecture for a given problem and data set.
Student Reviews (21)
I attended Lighthouse Labs in winter 2021 and had an overall positive experience. My cohort was super fantastic and even though we were online, I was able to to make some friends that I still connect with today. The instructors were very knowledgable a...
I attended Lighthouse Labs in winter 2021 and had an overall positive experience. My cohort was super fantastic and even though we were online, I was able to to make some friends that I still connect with today. The instructors were very knowledgable and I felt that even though it was very fast paced learning, I was always supported when I needed help by the instructors and mentors. It definitely is as advertised where you are working 12 hour days at least 6/7 days a week trying to digest and learn as much material as possible but the hard work is worth it. This bootcamp allowed me to make my career pivot into tech and I will be forever grateful for LHL for that. I had signed up for the career services help within my bootcamp but I didn't find it overly useful/helpful for my personal job search. I feel that could be improved for future cohorts. I ended up finding my current role through my own search vs the help of LHL. Regardless, I think LHL did a great job of preparing me for my first junior role.
The web development program at Lighthouse Labs was a truly life changing experience for me. Echoing what others have said here, the staff feel like family and are always available to help you even after you've graduated. I had no previous programming e...
The web development program at Lighthouse Labs was a truly life changing experience for me. Echoing what others have said here, the staff feel like family and are always available to help you even after you've graduated. I had no previous programming experience but am now totally hooked on the world of coding! I landed a job about one month after graduation at a UX agency with really interesting clients from enterprise down to small startups and not-for-profits. I couldn't be happier. So much hard work went into getting that job, but I couldn't imagine it happening any other way. Thanks, LHL!
Which should I take: the Intro course or the Bootcamp?
Ask yourself: "Do I want to work as a professional developer?" If the answer is 'yes', then there is no question that the full-time development bootcamp is the program you need. The goal of our bootcamp is to transform you into a professional full-stack developer. You’ll come to understand coding logic, and learn how to think like a dev by building software from the ground up using industry-relevant technologies. Our program will provide you with mentorship, data-driven curriculum and a top-notch learning environment that will launch you into your first junior developer role. If the answer is 'not sure', taking our part-time course might be the best option.
Who should take part-time courses?
What are my payment options?
Once you are accepted into a cohort, your place in the program will only be reserved once we have received your non-refundable deposit. Deposits can be paid by credit card, and we are able to accept cheques, wire transfers, bank drafts, or cash for the remainder of your tuition. Your tuition is due 2 weeks before your start date.
Can I come to Lighthouse Labs as an International student?
Yes, you can come to Lighthouse Labs as an international student! There is no additional tuition cost or restrictions for people applying from outside of Canada. We have had many students come to Canada for our Bootcamp on a visitors visa, however you are entirely responsible for making any legal arrangements for staying in the country. Lighthouse Labs is not able to assist in securing working permits, and your eligibility to work in Canada will entirely depend on you securing the proper documents. If you are able to obtain a working permit, you'll be able to take full advantage of our Career Services opportunities!
How does Career Services at Lighthouse Labs work?
At Lighthouse Labs our guiding belief is that over 80% of training will be learned on the job, and the first year of working as a software developer can be seen as paid high-intensity training. Our dedicated Career Services team is here to guide our students into their new roles. They work with all students to identify their career goals, and help them jump from classroom into the real world ASAP to continue honing their skills.