Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Dec 5-Jun 5
Dec 5-Jun 5
Jan 9 - Jul 9 2023
Feb 6 - Aug 6 2023
Mar 13 - Sep 13 2023
Apr 10 - Oct 10 2023
May 8 - Nov 8 2023
Jun 12 - Dec 12 2023
Jul 10 - Jan 10 2023
Aug 7 - Feb 7 2024
Sep 5 - Mar 5 2024
Oct 9 - Apr 9 2024
Nov 6 - May 6 2024
Dec 4 - Jun 4 2024
Jan 8 - Jul 8 2024
Feb 5 - Aug 5 2024
Springboard has partnered with CompTIA, the world’s leading tech association, to create this program. CompTIA has developed certification exams that map directly to today’s current IT job roles.
CompTIA’s Security+ certification lays the groundwork for specialized career paths in cybersecurity. Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career. Certification covers core technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networks, hybrid/cloud operations, and security controls, ensuring high-performance on the job.
This 360-hour bootcamp covers cybersecurity fundamentals, systems and network security, vulnerability assessment, and security operations. Course units include learning resources, practice exercises, practical labs, and career-related coursework.
You’ll complete 30+ labs, 30+ assignments, and one capstone project to showcase your skills to employers. You’ll work directly with a personal mentor, an expert cybersecurity professional currently working in the industry.
- All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities.
- Passing an evaluation of baseline soft-skills, centered around communication skills, motivation, professionalism, a commitment to learning and an analytical mindset.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Dec 5-Jun 5
Student Reviews (23)
- virtual - it's flexible and won't cost an arm and a leg to complete. The virtual platform also allows you to connect with people all over the country and all over the world and allows you to choose your hours, so you don't have to quit yo...
- virtual - it's flexible and won't cost an arm and a leg to complete. The virtual platform also allows you to connect with people all over the country and all over the world and allows you to choose your hours, so you don't have to quit your day job (but you always can if you want to!)
- career services available throughout the course, not just at the end when you've finished everything. There are actionable career- related projects to work on alongside coding projects and homework
- TAs are available online via chat and email, it helps with going through a virtual course so you don't get stuck forever
- I personally really enjoyed the curriculum. The videos explained concepts well and the assignments, while challenging, would implement recently learned concepts. Video lectures are also pretty short and it's nice to be able to watch a concept get broken down into 10 5-minute videos vs. 1-2 20-30-minute videos. I appreciated that a lot of the homework built off of existing infrastructure (e.g. if you're doing a back-end assignment, front-end files would be ready to import). There were plenty of handouts summarizing concepts as well.
- mock interviews are conducted throughout and at the end of the course with other mentors/industry professionals. It's great to get critical feedback from others in the industry.
- job support post-course-completion includes career coach calls to keep you on task and improving.
- virtual. No classroom so you better be motivated or find ways to keep going.
- there could be more curriculum coverage on Data Structures & Algorithms, but the curriculum does have a good basic introduction to those. It's something I'll continue to study
I was genuinely pleased with my online experience in Springboard's Software Engineering Career Track. Even though people are potentially working in different time zones, the support is quick and reliable. The curriculum is of high quality and taught by...
I was genuinely pleased with my online experience in Springboard's Software Engineering Career Track. Even though people are potentially working in different time zones, the support is quick and reliable. The curriculum is of high quality and taught by an inspiring instructor who makes difficult concepts easy to understand. The only issue I ran into was communication within project guidelines and "commonly asked questions." By the time I emailed my student advisor to verify my understanding, a month and a half had passed. In other words, if you have questions, ask immediately. I would highly recommend this curriculum to anybody looking for a high quality software engineering bootcamp.