Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 8-Dec 18
up to 3 years
Realize your potential with Yorkville University’s Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) accredited Bachelor of Interior Design degree. Through immersive studio experiences and industry internships, they’ll equip you with technical skills, well-developed visual literacy, and creative problem-solving skills to prepare you for the next step in your career. Their Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario (ARIDO) and Interior Designers of Canada (IDC) accredited program culminates in a thesis project where you design your dream space and enhance the role of interior design in serving the society. Yorkville University’s graduates also move closer to becoming registered interior designers by taking their National Council of Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) exam.
With this program you can balance work, home and study demands with online courses and study at your own pace. Choose your course load and study in the evenings or on the weekends.
Earn your degree in three years or less with a full course load and year-round study or with approved transfer credits. This means you’ll graduate faster and make your education more affordable by earning employment income sooner.
Yorkville University’s professional, industry-connected faculty know the design industry and are dedicated to helping students achieve their career goals. You’ll learn up-to-date industry design skills and understand the business side of interior design. This rigorous, industry-based curriculum develops professional skills and experience with internship work, volunteering and a portfolio.
What You’ll Learn
- Create designs for a variety of market sectors that effectively interpret the relationship of the human response to the built environment.
- Apply the principles and psychology of design theory, and colour methodology.
- Articulate the challenges of the changing world of design, and its connection to culture, history and empathy for an interior environment.
- Apply a systematic design process to creatively solve challenging design problems.
- Employ effective and professional communication skills and techniques to interact and negotiate in collaborative environments, including client presentations.
- Demonstrate entry to practice knowledge of building systems, material selection and interior detailing in relation to interior design and interior construction.
- Use current industry tools, mechanical, digital and manual methods to express design ideas.
- Employ both convergent and divergent thinking in the process of observation, investigation, speculative enquiry, ideation and implementation of design solutions.
- Apply relevant building codes, laws, regulations, sustainability and universality to human welfare and safety when designing interior spaces.
- Engage in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to underpin design ideas.
- Critically reflect and evaluate personal depth of knowledge and practical experience to collaborate effectively with others.
- Model sound business practices related to project management and professional ethical conduct.
- Develop a professional portfolio and branding as a design professional.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 8-Dec 18
Student Reviews (8)
I have had such a wonderful experience studying at Yorkville University in their Bachelor of Interior Design program. I graduated "Class of 2022" with a degree that is relevant and current with industry's state and evolving trends. I have acquired an i...
I have had such a wonderful experience studying at Yorkville University in their Bachelor of Interior Design program. I graduated "Class of 2022" with a degree that is relevant and current with industry's state and evolving trends. I have acquired an in-depth knowledge and resourcefulness that serves me on a daily basis now.
I particularly enjoyed this program for its overall quality and flexibility. I was able to continue working throughout the program. Even with children to attend to. I was able to progress according to my own pace and busy schedule while making the most of the learning experience and the very thorough course material that was offered every single time. Even while studying online, I enjoyed rich exchanges and relationships with my peers, faculty members, professors and instructors.
Faculty members, professors and instructors have been beyond wonderful in sharing and communicating their knowledge in a way that kept us engaged and committed to our own success.
I enjoyed my two years at YU. M.Ed was a great program and an achievement for me. The experience was great. The process was simple. I have had great peers and fantastic professors. The program is stimulating and interactive. I would highly recommend it...
I enjoyed my two years at YU. M.Ed was a great program and an achievement for me. The experience was great. The process was simple. I have had great peers and fantastic professors. The program is stimulating and interactive. I would highly recommend it and YU if education is your thing.