Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jun 19-Feb 17
12 weeks or 8 months
Jun 19-Feb 17
Jun 20 - Sep 8 2024
Aug 1 - Oct 20 2023
Sep 12 - May 9 2024
Sep 12 - Dec 1 2023
Nov 13 - Jul 13 2024
Nov 14 - Feb 16 2024
The UX Design program offers a learning experience unlike any other. The content is rigorous and moves at a quick pace, while the environment is fun, collaborative and supportive. Every day is different, introducing you to the latest cutting-edge technologies used by industry professionals in the real-world.
At the end of the program, you’ll have acquired the skills needed to launch your career in tech, as well as the ability to continue your learning journey outside of the classroom. The goal is to empower you to be a lifelong learner that can adapt to changing technologies.
What You’ll Learn
- Digital Product Management: Effectively manage the design of a digital product.
- Perform User Experience Research: Implement UX research methods to create human-centred design solutions.
- Information Architecture: Organize and structure complex information ecosystems with findability and usability in mind.
- Sketching and Wireframing: Create the skeletal structure of your website using industry leading wireframing tools and processes.
- Experience Mapping: Understand the strategic value of experience maps and their use in developing seamless user experiences.
- Usability Testing: Testing and evaluating the effectiveness of your digital designs.
- Visual Design: Hone your graphic design skills by learning the fundamental elements of visual design including typography, layout, and colour theory.
- Sketch Fundamentals: Sharpen your Sketch skills to design high-fidelity user interfaces.
- Responsive Website Design: Create digital experience optimized for different screen sizes.
- User Interface Design: Establish a consistent visual language and framework to guide your digital interface.
- Prototyping: Bring your designs to life using InVision by making clickable, interactive prototypes.
- Interaction Design: Apply UX design principles to create compelling interactive digital solutions.
BrainStation selects only committed individuals who will thrive in our fast-paced, collaborative program. Throughout the application process, you will be challenged to learn new concepts through self-guided assessments and critically assess your readiness through an interview with our Success Team. To begin your application, please request a Course Information Package on the course page and complete the short online application to get in touch with our Admissions team. The Course Information Package will outline next stages in applying for the program.We recommend that all individuals begin their application process one month prior to their intended start date to ensure sufficient time to complete all stages of the admissions process, including mandatory prep assessments.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jun 19-Feb 17
Student Reviews (217)
I'm so glad I had the opportunity to take and complete Product Management course at Brain Station's downtown, Vancouver campus. The amount of knowledge I have gained from the materials and experiences shared in this course are extremely valuable and sa...
I'm so glad I had the opportunity to take and complete Product Management course at Brain Station's downtown, Vancouver campus. The amount of knowledge I have gained from the materials and experiences shared in this course are extremely valuable and satisfying. The course syllabus is designed to cover the most important topics that forms the core concepts of product management field. I would like to specially acknowledge the experiences shared by our two instructors Marko Krsmanovic and Arya Baybordi during their lectures, both are successful professionals from the industry and have made major contributions in the development of new products with their employers. I also would like to commend both instructors' supervision of our final project, their guidance, comments, and recommendations helped us present a very clear product idea that's now in consideration by a tech company in Vancouver to invest in it.
Hey, folks! I've spent some time in lecture halls, trying not to doze off as some professor drones on and on. But this class was completely hands-on, focused on small groups, and offered THREE instructors who were super knowledgeable and always happy t...
Hey, folks! I've spent some time in lecture halls, trying not to doze off as some professor drones on and on. But this class was completely hands-on, focused on small groups, and offered THREE instructors who were super knowledgeable and always happy to answer our questions. Collaboration was key and BrainStation has designed it into every aspect of the expereince. It was like we were all in it together, working toward a common goal. The PM curriculum is one of the original at BrainStation and has gone through what must have been a hundred iterations. But the best part? Instead of dreading class like I usually do, I was excited to go every week. Thanks, BrainStation, for making learning fun again!
Do you offer financing for tuition?
Yes we do! We offer different payment options based on the course to make our education as accessible as possible.
Are computers provided?
BrainStation courses are BYOL (bring your own laptop). This allows you to complete homework in the comfort of your own home and to become comfortable with your machine to continue your learning beyond completion of the course.
Can I just learn on my own?
Ultimately people are social learners, there is nothing that can substitute a classroom of students as eager to learn as yourself. It may take you years to learn something on your own without proper guidance. At BrainStation we have industry experts that condense years of learning into a matter of weeks and provide resources to support you beyond graduation as well!
Who are my teachers?
All of the teachers at BrainStation are experts in their respective disciplines and bring extensive real world experience into the classroom. Simply put, you are learning from the best and brightest. Most importantly, everyone at BrainStation is extremely passionate about education and empowering our students.