Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Nov 1-Mar 1
In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a qualified UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program.
The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house. The learning experience this provides is rigorous, project-based, and adaptive—designed to empower you to acquire all the job-ready skills you’ll need to break into your new career.
The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization ( Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews.
With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our UI Design Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 of graduation—or your money back.
No previous experience is required. Prospective students can simply talk to a CareerFoundry advisor about their background and motivations to see if the program is a good fit.
What You’ll Learn
- The process of designing user interfaces from scratch. As you work through the program, you will also create your own UI elements before diving into designing the interface for entire apps
- Real-world UI design skills such as responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design basics
- How and when to use different industry standard tools, including Sketch and InVision
- How to build an impressive portfolio out of the real-world projects you complete during the program
- One specialization to help you stand out in the job market: frontend development, or voice user interface design
- Job preparation skills to help you refine your resume, LinkedIn profile, mock interviews, networking skills, and application processes
- Tailored coaching from our Career Services Team to ensure you stand out at interviews
- Land a job as a UX designer within 180 days of graduating from the program—or your money back.
- Enjoy our Job Preparation Course to help you refine your resume, LinkedIn profile, mock interviews, networking skills and application processes.
- Get tailored coaching from our Career Services team to ensure you stand out at interviews.
- The motivation to transform your career: The program requires commitment as it takes about 640 hours to complete. You should be prepared to set aside at least 15 hours per week to study.
- A computer and an internet connection (Mac or PC).
- You do not need any design or tech experience to enroll in the program.
- B2 level in written and spoken English
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Nov 1-Mar 1
Student Reviews (49)
I’m really glad I enrolled in the UX Design program. I came across UX Design two years ago and the more I was reading about it, the more I wanted to know about it. However, design is not only about reading, exploring theory, it’s mostly learning ho...
I’m really glad I enrolled in the UX Design program. I came across UX Design two years ago and the more I was reading about it, the more I wanted to know about it. However, design is not only about reading, exploring theory, it’s mostly learning how to apply it. I realized that without having a structured way of learning and mentorship to get feedback, it would be very difficult to advance, especially while working full time.
I really appreciate the mentors and tutors that I had and the prompt, honest and encouraging feedback that I received. CF staff members are also very welcoming and friendly, quickly answering all the questions.
UX Design is a broad domain and there will always be something to learn, this course will give you the methods and tools to start and then dive deeper.
I recommend it especially to career changers as it comes also with a Job Preparation module, which I find very useful.
I was really nervous starting this course way outside of my comfort zone. Careerfoundry has been so supportive in every single aspect. From support and understanding with organising payments, the tutors and mentors for this course, I have so many optio...
I was really nervous starting this course way outside of my comfort zone. Careerfoundry has been so supportive in every single aspect. From support and understanding with organising payments, the tutors and mentors for this course, I have so many options in terms of asking for help and clarification, I have access to students also undergoing the same course, they remind me of things I forget that are important for my study journey, career advice, the whole 9 yards. Truly careerfoundry goes above and beyond what I would expect from a school in getting me where I need to be.
Are there payment plans available?
Yes, you can select a monthly payment plan. Note: You will be required to pay the full duration of the payment plan even if you finish the course before the payment plan ends.
What’s the "catch" for the job guarantee?
Our policies are very transparent and easy to follow. You need to live in or near a city of 200K people, apply to 5 jobs a week, and a few more reasonable requirements. Request a course package to learn whether you are eligible for the job guarantee.
Do I get a certificate at the end?
You will receive a certificate when you complete the course to make your new qualifications easy for employers to see.
Is the course 100% online?
Yes, the course is entirely online so that you can study flexibly according to your own schedule. You get access to our active student community on Slack and, after the course, you will have a global network of other ambitious alumni and mentors to support you.
What if I have a question that isn’t answered here?
Request a course package to speak to one of our Career Advisors.