Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Oct 28-Mar 28
Oct 28-Mar 28
Nov 11 - Apr 11 2020
Nov 25 - Apr 25 2020
Dec 9 - May 9 2020
Dec 23 - May 23 2020
Jan 6 - Jun 6 2020
In this program you will learn all of the skills, tools, and processes necessary to become a job-ready UX designer. You will receive mentored online learning from a UX Mentor with over 8 years of industry experience and work with a Tutor for your day-to-day feedback.
The program is split into 3 parts: UX Fundamentals, UX Immersion and your choice of 1 out of the 3 specialisation courses we offer: User Interface Design for UX Designers, Front-end Development for Designers and Voice User Interface Design. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish being an expert in UX with specialised knowledge in another area of interest. You can also opt to take more than one specialization (for an additional fee).
What You’ll Learn
- The entire UX design process, from identifying human needs and motivations to the presentation of a portfolio-ready, marketable product.
- How to build an impressive portfolio out of the real-world projects you complete during the course.
- How and when to use different industry standard tools, including UXPin, Balsamiq, and InVision.
- Job skills such as user research and testing, rapid prototyping, iterative design, interaction design, responsive design, visual design. You will also explore and apply the theory behind user psychology, accessibility, usability, and emotional design.
- Land a job as a UX designer within 180 days of graduating from the course—or your money back.
- Enjoy our Job Preparation Course to help you refine your resume, LinkedIn profile, mock interviews, networking skills and application processes.
- Get tailored coaching from our Career Services team to ensure you stand out at interviews.
- The motivation to transform your career: The course requires commitment as it takes 640 hours to complete. You should be prepared to set aside at least 15 hours per week to study.
- A computer (Mac or PC) and an internet connection.
- You do not need any design or tech experience to enroll in the course.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Oct 28-Mar 28
Student Reviews (6)
My tutor and mentor were exceptional. So let me first of all say this isn't your typical online course because of all the "offline" support you get. The platform itself was easy to use and the material was detailed, well-structured and challenging. It ...
My tutor and mentor were exceptional. So let me first of all say this isn't your typical online course because of all the "offline" support you get. The platform itself was easy to use and the material was detailed, well-structured and challenging. It took me a long time to finish the course because I was working a stressful job, but CareerFoundry gave me an extension to complete everything in a additional 2 months.
My advice is to do your own portfolio project so you can stand out from other grads looking for work in your city. You will also need to check in with your mentor regularly (once a week for me). Your work isn't finished when you complete the course. In a lot of ways it's just beginning as you prepare for tech challenges and interviews. You'll need to be motivated to do this and focused on the type of job you want.
But in the end, it was all worth it. I got a job as a UX designer at a startup in Toronto doing work I love. I didn't need to use the job guarantee, but if you're considering other schools, make sure they're willing to back up their claims with money back or a clear record of high job placement rates.
I did the CareerFoundry Certified UX Design course. It's been an amazing opportunity for me to go for a career change whilst working in my current role and company. My employer has been very supportive of my choice, which was a bonus. The course provid...
I did the CareerFoundry Certified UX Design course. It's been an amazing opportunity for me to go for a career change whilst working in my current role and company. My employer has been very supportive of my choice, which was a bonus. The course provides a thorough overview of the UX design process. The clear focus on practical exercises is really what boosted my learning curve. My tutor and mentor were great: Very experienced and skilled. They provided the right balance of valuable, constructive feedback whilst staying supportive and encouraging when I got a bit lost along the way. I really recommend it if you're thinking about entering the UX area.
Are there payment plans available?
Yes, you can select a monthly payment plan. Note: You will be required to pay the full duration of the payment plan even if you finish the course before the payment plan ends.
What’s the "catch" for the job guarantee?
Our policies are very transparent and easy to follow. You need to live in or near a city of 200K people, apply to 5 jobs a week, and a few more reasonable requirements. Request a course package to learn whether you are eligible for the job guarantee.
Do I get a certificate at the end?
You will receive a certificate when you complete the course to make your new qualifications easy for employers to see.
Is the course 100% online?
Yes, the course is entirely online so that you can study flexibly according to your own schedule. You get access to our active student community on Slack and, after the course, you will have a global network of other ambitious alumni and mentors to support you.
What if I have a question that isn’t answered here?
Request a course package to speak to one of our Career Advisors.