Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jul 20-Dec 20
Jul 20-Dec 20
Aug 3 - Jan 3 2021
Aug 17 - Jan 17 2020
Aug 31 - Jan 31 2020
Sep 14 - Feb 14 2021
In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a qualified UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program.
The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is rigorous, project-based, and adaptive—designed to empower you to acquire all the job-ready skills you’ll need to break into your new career. The full journey is split into four parts: UX Fundamentals, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialised knowledge, and a solid approach to your job search.
Graduate from our UX Design Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
No previous experience is required. Prospective students can simply talk to a CareerFoundry advisor about their background and motivations to see if the program is a good fit.
What You’ll Learn
- The entire UX design process, from identifying human needs and motivations to the presentation of a portfolio-ready, marketable product
- You’ll explore every detail of the design process and apply it to your own product, from information architecture, user flows, and paper prototypes to user testing, visual design, and high-fidelity wireframes
- How to build an impressive portfolio out of the real-world projects you complete during the program
- How and when to use different industry standard tools, including UXPin, Balsamiq, InVision, and more
- Real-world UX design skills such as user research and testing, rapid prototyping, iterative design, interaction design, responsive design, visual design. You will also explore and apply the theory behind user psychology, accessibility, usability, and emotional design
- One specialization to help you stand out in the job market: frontend development, UI design, or voice user interface design
- Job preparation skills to refine your resume, LinkedIn profile, mock interviews, networking skills, and application processes
- Tailored coaching from our Career Services Team to ensure you stand out at interviews
- Land a job as a UX designer within 180 days of graduating from the program—or your money back.
- Enjoy our Job Preparation Course to help you refine your resume, LinkedIn profile, mock interviews, networking skills and application processes.
- Get tailored coaching from our Career Services team to ensure you stand out at interviews.
- The motivation to transform your career: The program requires commitment as it takes 640 hours to complete. You should be prepared to set aside at least 15 hours per week to study
- A computer (Mac or PC) and an internet connection
- You do not need any design or tech experience to enroll in the program
- B2 level in written and spoken English
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jul 20-Dec 20
Student Reviews (9)
I am only through a quarter of my education plan with Career Foundry and already it has blown my expectations out of the water. I attended Niagara College's 3 year Graphic Design program and graduated with Presidential Honours with an Advanced Graphic ...
I am only through a quarter of my education plan with Career Foundry and already it has blown my expectations out of the water. I attended Niagara College's 3 year Graphic Design program and graduated with Presidential Honours with an Advanced Graphic Design diploma. All of that looks really good on paper and yes it did strengthen my knowledge and skills in Graphic Design but it didn't allow me to experience the work that I did in the professional field. This is where Career Foundry shines the most.
Career Foundry through the three completed units I have worked through has allowed me to learn current industry standards and practices and then sets you up to use those standards and practices to complete a portfolio worthy project. Through the traditional education system they have you complete half-baked assignments that become obsolete within a year or two. There was a stark difference entering the working world with projects I had completed at Niagara College and the lack of confidence in my portfolio compared to the three final projects I have completed through Career Foundry and the incredibly amount of confidence I have in my work.
The confidence doesn't just come from the ability to understand and apply the knowledge that Career Foundry teaches but the ability to consult with a Industry Expert in real time and over their messaging system is the ultimate reassurance. My time in college allowed me to meet with many professors. Some you share a bond with and others you don't. What I like about Career Foundry is that you are allocated a Tutor and a Mentor (Industry Expert) that work with you to improve your work and actually show you how you can improve without just telling you to improve or fixing it for you. They give you the means to better yourself and allow the student to work through the problem like you would in the industry.
Finally, one of the best things about Career Foundry was their staff that isn't just allocated to a specific program. I was hesitant about paying for the program as this was my first online program I have ever enrolled into, of this degree at least. They allow you to take a week long "test" version of the program to showcase what you would be learning, how the system works and if that program is right for you. After I was sold on wanting to do UI I messages the staff with my concerns about the program and they set up a time to have a personal call with me and talk through not just one or two but all of my concerns, questions and anything under the sun about the program. I was beyond ecstatic to start after my call with their staff! They also offer a remarkable money back guarantee if you do not get a job within a certain time period of completing the program, there was no way I could ignore such a trusting, confidant and honourable promise.
I have raved about how much I have loved my experience and that in just two and a half months I have been more impressed with Career Foundry than my entire three years in the traditional educational system. I plan to show other creative and knowledge-hungry designers that there is a solution beyond what we have been taught about the education system. Career Foundry has provided a solution that was much needed in the today's age of the internet.
I am currently a second year student in university. I took Career Foundry's UX Immersion course right after I finished high school because I believe UX was something I would truly enjoy. CF's UX Immersion course is thorough, and detailed without being ...
I am currently a second year student in university. I took Career Foundry's UX Immersion course right after I finished high school because I believe UX was something I would truly enjoy. CF's UX Immersion course is thorough, and detailed without being repetitive. They really helped me get started on my portfolio. The assistance was also superb from them. Timely, always encouraging and helped me through the process. Definitely recommend!
Are there payment plans available?
Yes, you can select a monthly payment plan. Note: You will be required to pay the full duration of the payment plan even if you finish the course before the payment plan ends.
What’s the "catch" for the job guarantee?
Our policies are very transparent and easy to follow. You need to live in or near a city of 200K people, apply to 5 jobs a week, and a few more reasonable requirements. Request a course package to learn whether you are eligible for the job guarantee.
Do I get a certificate at the end?
You will receive a certificate when you complete the course to make your new qualifications easy for employers to see.
Is the course 100% online?
Yes, the course is entirely online so that you can study flexibly according to your own schedule. You get access to our active student community on Slack and, after the course, you will have a global network of other ambitious alumni and mentors to support you.
What if I have a question that isn’t answered here?
Request a course package to speak to one of our Career Advisors.