Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 8-Apr 26
up to 5 years
Sep 8-Apr 26
Some of the largest and most innovative brands in the business world, like Google, Apple and Facebook, are sustained by massive sales machines. Good salespeople are expert communicators, passionate problem-solvers, and the engine behind a company’s success. The Business Development and Sales Graduate Certificate program prepares graduates for a dynamic career in business-to-business sales of products, services and ideas. Students learn the guiding principles of professional selling and complex negotiations, as well as strategies for customer relationship management and strategic account management success. Courses in finance, communication, and business-to-business marketing ensure a strong foundation while courses in sales technology and social selling address the leading edge of the profession. Students will learn how to approach the multi-dimensional world of business development in organizations. The program provides opportunities for students to practice their selling and business development skills in ongoing live roleplays, live client projects, and industry-based mentorship.
What You’ll Learn
- Conduct research required for prospecting, needs analysis, and development of Features Advantages and Benefits (FABs) for optimal value creation in order to overcome objections and handle negotiations for closing the sale.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, as required in a business and technical environment
- Prepare and deliver a sales presentation based on an analysis of customer strengths and needs
- Develop strategies to create, assess, and execute business development opportunities.
- Develop strategies to establish and maintain working relationships with clients, which strengthen their loyalty to his/her organization
- Evaluate results of business-to-business marketing activities using criteria related to forecast sales, costs, profits and other identified objectives.
- Conceptualize, develop and implement a sales plan to support business-to-business marketing activity.
- Use technology relevant to the sales function to manage accounts and customer relationships.
- Construct plans for strategic account management including how to approach key accounts, territory management and category management.
- Complete business sales projects in alignment with business ethics, corporate social responsibility and industry standards in order to develop professional attitudes and behaviours
- Contribute to the development and support of a business-to-business marketing plan to support sales activity.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 8-Apr 26