Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Dec 20
up to 5 years
Jan 4-Dec 20
This fully online program will provide graduates with the key concepts of information security, technical and practical job skills necessary to secure, protect and defend network infrastructures and an organization’s valuable data assets. Students will gain a broad understanding of cyber security concepts, industry best practices for information security and key security concepts to protect an organization against fraud, data breaches and other vulnerabilities. The Cyber Security program is designed to prepare information and digital security professionals with the ability to manage, provide policies, standards, procedures, guidelines, policy framework, assess and mitigate risk and integrate advanced security solutions. The growing internet security sector requires an in-depth understanding of cyber security issues and fundamental internet architecture and protocols. In addition, network security skills such as packet, vulnerability, exploit analysis, and cyber security research will also be discussed. Graduates will develop highly marketable skills as analysts and security specialists in the cyber security field.
What You’ll Learn
- Develop and implement cyber security solutions considering the affordances and limitations of the computer operating systems, networks, application software, and packages available.
- Design cyber security solutions for business processes and applications in order to protect business resources.
- Outline the processes and procedures involved in the maintenance and deployment of cyber security solutions.
- Develop cyber security strategies and processes for business communications that respond to the needs of all the internal stakeholders.
- Design and implement cyber security solutions in compliance with security policies, standards, and regulations within the organization.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate cyber security policies and strategies using project management principles to effectively respond to the needs of the organization’s information security requirements.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a cyber-security system through security audits to identify and correct security issues.
- Develop and deliver appropriate internal cyber security training to ensure compliance with security policies.
- Communicate cyber security protocols, policies, and audit results and related documentation to any level of the organization.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Dec 20