Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Feb 24-Mar 31
Feb 24-Mar 31
May 5 - Jun 16 2022
Jul 7 - Aug 11 2022
Oct 6 - Nov 10 2022
This course is a foundational offering, in which students will develop a solid understanding of the most successful elements to an integrated communications strategy, including public relations and media relations strategy. This course will cover the fundamentals of a winning media relations campaign including how to create a plan, develop key messaging and target audiences, define success metrics, write core media relations tools, create an effective media list, and pitch the media.
This course is ideal for those with limited experience in public relations and media relations, founders of start-ups, or for leaders of smaller companies without a dedicated communications or media relations team. During this course, trainees will become more confident and equipped in understanding the value of public relations and media relations, and will be able to immediately implement learned concepts in public relations writing and media relations.
What You’ll Learn
- Why every company should have an integrated communications strategy.
- How to amplify what an organization is already doing through earned media and created content.
- How the media works, why having strong news hooks matter, and how to conduct effective media outreach.
- How SEO, social media, and PR complement each other.
- How advertorial, experiential marketing and influencer relationships can be incorporated into a communications strategy.
- Understand what public relations is, the different activities it entails, and how it can support an organization’s marketing objectives.
- Develop a cohesive integrated communications strategy and plan for their organization that includes various types of public relations tactics and content creation.
- Understand the various public relations writing tools (press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, pitches, listicles, and op-eds) and when to use them as part of your communications strategy and media outreach.
- Draft effective communications pieces to deliver your message and enhance your media relations efforts.
- Conduct a media relations campaign that can amplify the content your company is already creating and how to approach the media to garner earned coverage.
- Assess and encompass PR Tools to support a public relations campaign.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Feb 24-Mar 31
Student Reviews (15)
Never too old to learn a new language!
Karen SullivanVancouver • November 17, 2021
I was fortunate to receive one of Jelly Academy's scholarships. I am very grateful to the Academy, as I had little to no knowledge of digital marketing. The program is taught by instructors who have worked in the field and are experts in their domain. ...
I was fortunate to receive one of Jelly Academy's scholarships. I am very grateful to the Academy, as I had little to no knowledge of digital marketing. The program is taught by instructors who have worked in the field and are experts in their domain. The certification added to my qualifications, and the new skills brought my business to a larger market on social media. Being the owner of a Complementary Holistic female-run Indigenous business, it's essential I learn to reach beyond my doorstep.
Excellent for anyone wanting to learn about digital marketing
Donna DickVancouver • November 12, 2021
I entered this course knowing only how to post on social media. By the time I finished I was well versed in SEO, understanding Google analytics and Ads, and so much more. I appreciated the fact that I was able to apply for certifications from Facebook,...
I entered this course knowing only how to post on social media. By the time I finished I was well versed in SEO, understanding Google analytics and Ads, and so much more. I appreciated the fact that I was able to apply for certifications from Facebook, Google, Hootsuite and more in addition to my learning with Jelly Academy.
This course is amazing for anyone wanting to get into digital marketing or update their skills.