Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Mar 1-May 21
Mar 1-May 21
Apr 26 - Jul 16 2021
May 24 - Aug 13 2021
Jun 21 - Sep 10 2021
Average Class Size
Our immersive 12-week Data Science Bootcamp will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to launch a career in Data Science. From SQL to Python to Machine Learning and beyond, you’ll learn a mix of programming, mathematical, and applied data skills to help you succeed on the job.
What You’ll Learn
- Data Foundations: Dive into Python and get to know fundamental tools such as Git, GitHub, bash commands, and Jupyter Notebooks. Build up your foundations in probability and statistics, and learn how to access JSON APIs to fetch datasets and extract key insights.
- Data Wrangling: Learn how to clean and structure complex data sets. Apply different data wrangling techniques to prepare JSON and XML files, leverage SQL clean your data, and use APIs to access data from various sources.
- Data Visualization: Discover how to translate your data into shareable insights with data visualization. Learn the most popular tools – like matplotlib, Seaborn, and Plotly – and learn how to select the best tools to convey the story you want to tell.
- Machine Learning: Machine Learning is core to applied Data Science, and you’ll learn how to build Machine Learning models from the ground up, including data preparation, dimensionality reduction, optimization and evaluation.
- Data Engineering: Learn how to improve data quality and move models into production and deployment. Develop data engineering pipelines and Machine Learning deployment using cloud tools like Apache Spark, Docker, Flask, and more.
- Deep Learning: Dive into deep learning techniques and learn about the densely-connected natural networks that drive performance. Learn to identify the appropriate natural network architecture for a given problem and data set.
Student Reviews (14)
Lighthouse Labs is all about community; a community of people who will push you to your limits while building you up into something better than you thought you could be. My bootcamp experience was second-to-none. I'm extremely grateful to the teachers,...
Lighthouse Labs is all about community; a community of people who will push you to your limits while building you up into something better than you thought you could be. My bootcamp experience was second-to-none. I'm extremely grateful to the teachers, mentors and staff who helped me through my career transition. Totally unforgettable experience.
Which should I take: the Intro course or the Bootcamp?
Ask yourself: "Do I want to work as a professional developer?" If the answer is 'yes', then there is no question that the full-time development bootcamp is the program you need. The goal of our bootcamp is to transform you into a professional full-stack developer. You’ll come to understand coding logic, and learn how to think like a dev by building software from the ground up using industry-relevant technologies. Our program will provide you with mentorship, data-driven curriculum and a top-notch learning environment that will launch you into your first junior developer role. If the answer is 'not sure', taking our part-time course might be the best option.
Who should take part-time courses?
What are my payment options?
Once you are accepted into a cohort, your place in the program will only be reserved once we have received your non-refundable deposit. Deposits can be paid by credit card, and we are able to accept cheques, wire transfers, bank drafts, or cash for the remainder of your tuition. Your tuition is due 2 weeks before your start date.
Can I come to Lighthouse Labs as an International student?
Yes, you can come to Lighthouse Labs as an international student! There is no additional tuition cost or restrictions for people applying from outside of Canada. We have had many students come to Canada for our Bootcamp on a visitors visa, however you are entirely responsible for making any legal arrangements for staying in the country. Lighthouse Labs is not able to assist in securing working permits, and your eligibility to work in Canada will entirely depend on you securing the proper documents. If you are able to obtain a working permit, you'll be able to take full advantage of our Career Services opportunities!
How does Career Services at Lighthouse Labs work?
At Lighthouse Labs our guiding belief is that over 80% of training will be learned on the job, and the first year of working as a software developer can be seen as paid high-intensity training. Our dedicated Career Services team is here to guide our students into their new roles. They work with all students to identify their career goals, and help them jump from classroom into the real world ASAP to continue honing their skills.