Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jul 19-Feb 25
Jul 19-Feb 25
Average Class Size
With Web Flex, we’re expanding the ways we accommodate the unique shapes of your lives. Through an immersive remote learning format and a balance struck between lectures, projects, mentorship, and group work, Web Flex gives you another option for how you can learn. The same great bootcamp training in a way that works for you.
Sometimes, a single schedule doesn’t work for everyone. Web Flex leverages versatility to make sure everyone can access digital skills training. With the choice between 2 different lecture schedules and a less concentrated timeline, students can balance their education with whatever else is going on in their lives.
Planning for the hustle and bustle of pandemic era study-from-home routine, we recommend that students set aside 25 hours a week. This will make time for unplanned interruptions and the mental transitions between studying and your other responsibilities.
What You’ll Learn
- Ruby on Rails: Ruby, when paired with the Rails framework, is among the most versatile, intuitive, and practical programming languages. You’ll learn about key concepts like the MVC design pattern and communicating with databases.
- HTML & CSS: HTML and CSS are essential components for the web. Learn to use this duo to write, modify, and read code in well-structured, easily-maintained ways, and apply the techniques of responsive web design.
- Networking & HTTP: It’s critical to understand the distinctions between client and server-side code and the responsibilities each carries. Learn the fundamentals of HTTP, how to interpret its codes, and how to use it to retrieve data.
- SQL & Relational Databases: Learning to use relational databases is essential for designing web applications. Use SQL to expertly manage the data held in relational databases.
More than just lectures. Our education methodologies leverage a range of tools to provide training that’s as engaging and personalized as possible.
- Flexible Lectures: Engage with lectures using interactive live-stream technology, with the freedom to choose between 2 lecture schedules. Miss something? Catch up on your own time with recorded sessions.
- Personalized Mentorship: An 8:1 student-mentor ratio means there will always be an industry expert ready to coach you in what you need. You’ll get live access to experienced mentors that’ll help you hop over whatever roadblocks you encounter.
- Group Work: Collaborate and share ideas with your cohort through online co-working spaces. Our team of expert mentors will always be there to guide you along the way.
- Technical Interviews: You won’t just learn these skills, you’ll learn how to communicate them too. Round out your ability to succeed at tech interviews with interactive online whiteboarding sessions.
- Online Campus: Access hundreds of hours of educational materials through Compass, our custom-built learning management system.
- Real-Time Support: Our dedicated student support team is available to assist you in real-time, so you get help when you need it the most.
Student Reviews (13)
Lighthouse Labs is all about community; a community of people who will push you to your limits while building you up into something better than you thought you could be. My bootcamp experience was second-to-none. I'm extremely grateful to the teachers,...
Lighthouse Labs is all about community; a community of people who will push you to your limits while building you up into something better than you thought you could be. My bootcamp experience was second-to-none. I'm extremely grateful to the teachers, mentors and staff who helped me through my career transition. Totally unforgettable experience.
Which should I take: the Intro course or the Bootcamp?
Ask yourself: "Do I want to work as a professional developer?" If the answer is 'yes', then there is no question that the full-time development bootcamp is the program you need. The goal of our bootcamp is to transform you into a professional full-stack developer. You’ll come to understand coding logic, and learn how to think like a dev by building software from the ground up using industry-relevant technologies. Our program will provide you with mentorship, data-driven curriculum and a top-notch learning environment that will launch you into your first junior developer role. If the answer is 'not sure', taking our part-time course might be the best option.
Who should take part-time courses?
What are my payment options?
Once you are accepted into a cohort, your place in the program will only be reserved once we have received your non-refundable deposit. Deposits can be paid by credit card, and we are able to accept cheques, wire transfers, bank drafts, or cash for the remainder of your tuition. Your tuition is due 2 weeks before your start date.
Can I come to Lighthouse Labs as an International student?
Yes, you can come to Lighthouse Labs as an international student! There is no additional tuition cost or restrictions for people applying from outside of Canada. We have had many students come to Canada for our Bootcamp on a visitors visa, however you are entirely responsible for making any legal arrangements for staying in the country. Lighthouse Labs is not able to assist in securing working permits, and your eligibility to work in Canada will entirely depend on you securing the proper documents. If you are able to obtain a working permit, you'll be able to take full advantage of our Career Services opportunities!
How does Career Services at Lighthouse Labs work?
At Lighthouse Labs our guiding belief is that over 80% of training will be learned on the job, and the first year of working as a software developer can be seen as paid high-intensity training. Our dedicated Career Services team is here to guide our students into their new roles. They work with all students to identify their career goals, and help them jump from classroom into the real world ASAP to continue honing their skills.