Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 19-Mar 19
Sep 19-Mar 19
Moving away from physical servers to remote solutions is no easy undertaking. Even the best managed organizations sometimes struggle with implementing process changes—especially when it involves their data and IT systems.
In this program, you will gain a thorough understanding of various cloud service models, as well as associated business risks and implications—all while gaining exposure to management tactics and cross-functional skills to facilitate smooth and successful adoption initiatives.
Through collaborative, work-integrated learning, you will earn a comprehensive foundation in both the business and technical sides of a cloud computing adoption. You will also gain the skills to create a compelling business case and architectural diagram to support a cloud initiative, leveraging expertise in various service and deployment models, governance and associated organizational implications.
Developed in collaboration with industry leaders and taught by experienced cloud computing professionals, you will build the strategic communication, analytical thinking and negotiation skills to lead change during exciting, challenging times for organizations.
What You’ll Learn
- Compare various cloud service and deployment models.
- Define the essential characteristics of cloud computing.
- Discuss how governance, security, privacy, risk management, regulations, and compliance impact an organization’s cloud strategy.
- Compare the core services offered by the top three cloud providers.
- Create a compelling business case for cloud adoption.
- Discuss the impact of emerging technologies in cloud computing.
- Create a high-level architecture diagram for a cloud adoption.
Student Reviews (11)
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are...
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are passionate about their jobs. For me, the most rewarding aspect was to meet exceptional classmates with whom I learned a lot. Thanks to #YUSCS!