Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 15-Dec 10
Jan 15-Dec 10
The Certificate in Full-stack Web Development is for anyone who wants to learn to build exceptional websites and gain a holistic understanding of how websites are designed to meet business needs. This program is well suited for people with a background in graphic design, marketing, IT support, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), as well as some prior knowledge and experience in full-stack web development. Students with no or very limited experience in front end or back end web development should expect some additional study time outside of the live instruction to practice what they’ve learned.
This program is your training ground to code with confidence. You won’t just learn to build incredible websites, you will also learn how to deconstruct an existing website and break it down to its elemental parts to fix issues as they arise.
In each successive course you will work on building a personal website project, allowing you to put your learned skills to practice and build a portfolio or work. You will further hone your cross-functional communication and business skills while you learn from expert instructors who have years of diverse experience in the web development industry and are hand-selected for their ability to help you reach your career goals.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand and describe product development, product lifecycle management, and client communication as it relates to web development.
- Discern and effectively communicate the overall architecture of any given website.
- Select the appropriate software and frameworks required to build or maintain a specific product.
- Create an end-to-end website that meets specified business requirements.
- Utilize creative problem solving in order to effectively troubleshoot issues and debug broken code.
- Work collaboratively within a development team to produce website solutions that meet business goals and project objectives.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 15-Dec 10
Student Reviews (11)
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are...
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are passionate about their jobs. For me, the most rewarding aspect was to meet exceptional classmates with whom I learned a lot. Thanks to #YUSCS!