Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Feb 28-Aug 14Get course package
Feb 28-Aug 14
Gain the skills and experience you need to confidently execute an IT Audit from end-to-end while preparing for your CISA designation.
Learning from professionals in the field, this program prepares you to play a key role in protecting organizations now and in the future. You’ll gain in-depth IT audit knowledge and use current industry tools to recognize and apply appropriate IT audit best practices; recognize and review compliance with appropriate laws and regulations; and implement the full IT audit lifecycle. Through practice-oriented lessons you’ll gain the confidence and know-how to identify and assess risk; apply auditing and assurance concepts; and assess ethical predicaments relevant to an audit.
Created in collaboration with industry leaders, the Certificate in IT Audit Execution covers the five domains of the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) body of knowledge. In addition, you’ll work on real-world case studies in collaboration with your peers. You’ll practice the core job skills of an IT auditor, like problem solving, negotiation and analytical thinking.
What You’ll Learn
- Recognize and apply the appropriate best practices to an IT Audit as outlined in standards including ITIL, COBIT and COSO.
- Implement the IT Audit lifecycle from planning, executing and reporting to management.
- Apply the Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA) domains to the IT Audit Lifecycle.
- Assess risk within the IT environment to determine if risk is being managed at an acceptable level.
- Apply auditing and assurance concepts to real-world case studies by examining controls implemented and providing recommendations on improvements.
- Assess various ethical predicaments as they pertain to the IT Audit profession.
- Examine compliance with laws and regulation, including SOX, PIPEDA and PCI.
- Develop effective internal and external relationships using influencing, communication and consultative skills.
- Apply innovative and critical approaches to challenges faced by an IT audit.
Student Reviews (11)
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are...
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are passionate about their jobs. For me, the most rewarding aspect was to meet exceptional classmates with whom I learned a lot. Thanks to #YUSCS!