Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 18-May 14
Sep 18-May 14
Learn to use design thinking to create real-world user experience solutions. Gain the skills and expertise to create impactful, interactive user experiences that engages your audience.
Created in collaboration with industry leaders, the four-course Certificate in User Experience (UX) Design combines all the benefits of a part-time schedule with the deep learning of a comprehensive curriculum. You will also work on experiential education projects, allowing you to practice your UX skill set and finish the program with a portfolio of work that showcases your UX capabilities and expertise.
Under the expert guidance of leaders in the field, you will practice the core job skills any UX Designer needs to have such as logical problem solving, research skills and active communication. The Certificate in User Experience (UX) Design covers all the core areas for career success.
What You’ll Learn
- Evaluate and utilize relevant methodologies such as design thinking, participatory design, and the MoSCoW methodology.
- Demonstrate best practices in visual design and system design.
- Formulate user personas.
- Explain how different design systems function and determine their appropriate usage.
- Demonstrate cross-functional skills such as team work, communications, problem solving, active listening and storytelling.
- Produce a portfolio of work that effectively applies UX best practices and processes to meet business needs across multiple industries and product types.
Student Reviews (11)
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are...
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are passionate about their jobs. For me, the most rewarding aspect was to meet exceptional classmates with whom I learned a lot. Thanks to #YUSCS!