Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
The two-year Business diploma program provides a broad education encompassing all functional areas of business, including business accounting, finance, marketing, sales, operations and human resources management. Graduates of this program will have work-ready skills that will enable them to operate in multiple business departments, return to their family business or start their own business venture. They will also be able to bridge into the third year of the Business Administration – Management program, complete an 8-month post-graduate certificate, or bridge into the second year of the BBA – International Business Management degree program (subject to a 70% program average).
What You’ll Learn
- Identify and discuss the impact of global issues on an organization’s business opportunities by using an environmental scan.
- Apply principles of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics to support an organization’s business initiatives.
- Use current concepts/systems and technologies to support an organization’s business initiatives.
- Apply basic research skills to support business decision making.
- Support the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects.
- Perform work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations and business practices.
- Explain the role of the human resource function and its impact on an organization.
- Use accounting and financial principles to support the operations of an organization.
- Describe and apply marketing and sales concepts used to support the operations of an organization.
- Outline principles of supply chain management and operations management.
- Outline and assess the components of a business plan.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance in the business field.
This program is offered at the Kitchener, Guelph and Brantford campuses.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Student Reviews (2)
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals ...
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals and will help you understand not just the theory but what it's like to be a programmer. I liked my two years here and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to do a four-year compsci degree.