Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Sep 7-Aug 25
Conestoga’s two-year diploma in Advertising & Marketing Communications is a rewarding, cross-disciplinary program that equips you to be a creative and strategic thinker, with the ability to engage with on-trend brands, craft strategic marketing campaigns through social platforms, and have the confidence and skill set that the industry demands. Taught by passionate, award-winning faculty, you will learn the essential aspects of marketing research, B2B and B2C sales strategies, social media campaigns, brand development, UI/UX design, copywriting, public relations and visual design as they apply to a variety of media applications.
The program’s live-client capstone project offers you the opportunity to develop and present a comprehensive integrated marketing communications campaign, including budgeting and full creative content creation. Working individually and collaboratively, you will also develop professional business acumen through managing project expectations, delivering campaign collateral, and meeting tight deadlines for your client. Valuable networking opportunities are provided through inspiring agency tours, knowledgeable industry guest speakers, and a globally diverse cohort of like-minded creative peers.
To finalize the program, you will receive guidance on developing agency and industry contacts, creating a unique and competitive portfolio, establishing an exciting career path, and landing an advertising or marketing-related field placement. Begin the process of establishing your career path as a sought-after communication marketing strategist and visual-thinking creative specialist today, with Advertising & Marketing Communications.
What You’ll Learn
- Identify and respond to clients’ advertising and marketing communications objectives by applying principles of marketing and communications.
- Perform a market segmentation analysis, identify the organization’s target market/audience and define the consumer behaviour of each segment.
- Develop an advertising plan and present and defend it persuasively.
- Contribute to evaluating the effectiveness of advertising and marketing communications initiatives.
- Collaborate in the development of advertising and marketing communications material, in compliance with current Canadian legislation, industry standards and business practices.
- Participate in the development of creative solutions to address advertising and marketing communications challenges.
- Contribute to planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects by applying the principles of project management.
- Complete all work in a professional, ethical and timely manner.
- Conceptualize and develop design solutions using principles of design to create visual communications that meet the needs of the project.
- Employ graphic design, audio and video elements, with editing and web development software to create visually compelling assets for various mediums including Social Media.
- Apply business and entrepreneurial skills to meet industry requirements.
- Utilize various Social Media platforms and presentation modes to meet predetermined marketing and advertising goals.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Student Reviews (2)
Well-rounded programmer with industry contacts
Sebastian PrietoKitchener-Waterloo • April 30, 2021
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals ...
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals and will help you understand not just the theory but what it's like to be a programmer. I liked my two years here and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to do a four-year compsci degree.
Perfect transition for getting a job in Canada
Divya DesaiMay 20, 2020
Mobile Application Development