Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Sep 7-Aug 25
Business – Marketing is a two-year diploma program designed for people seeking a high-level overview of the marketing industry. The program focuses on the fundamental principles of marketing and gives graduates hands-on skills to gain employment in the marketing industry. The program offers courses in advertising, graphic design, research, sales, events and retail while developing teamwork, communication and general business skills.
Students participate in the design and presentation of marketing, advertising and event plans. Conestoga College is an Accredited Partner of the Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA). This program is accredited by the CPSA Institute as providing all 35 hours of pre-requisite education toward the Certified Sales Associate designation, the first level of the Graduated Certification Framework. Students successfully completing this program will earn their Sales Certificate from the CPSA Institute. The program is delivered in four consecutive semesters.
What You’ll Learn
- Contribute to the development of a marketing plan that will meet the needs or goals of a business or organization.
- Contribute to the development of an integrated marketing communication plan of a product, concept, good, and/or service based on an identified market need or target.
- Contribute to the development of new and/or modified marketing concepts, products, goods, and/or services that respond to market needs.
- Contribute to the development of strategies for the efficient and effective placement/distribution of a product, good, and/or service to respond to an evolving market.
- Contribute to the development of strategies related to pricing for a product, good and/or service.
- Analyze the viability of a concept, product, good, and/or service in local, national or global markets.
- Participate in conducting market research to provide information needed to make marketing decisions.
- Communicate marketing information persuasively and accurately, in oral, written, graphic and interactive media formats.
- Plan, prepare and deliver a sales presentation or pitch to address the needs of the client.
- Develop strategies with clients, customers, consumers, co-workers, supervisors, and others to maintain and grow working relationships.
- Develop learning and development strategies to enhance professional growth in the field.
- Apply entrepreneurial strategies to identify and respond to new career opportunities that might include contract employment, and self-employment initiatives.
- Operate within a framework of organizational policies and practices, when conducting business of the organization.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Student Reviews (2)
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals ...
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals and will help you understand not just the theory but what it's like to be a programmer. I liked my two years here and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to do a four-year compsci degree.