Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 30
Sep 7-Aug 30
The Graphic Design advanced diploma program has an exceptional reputation for graduating talented designers and is recognized as one of the top design programs in Ontario. Many students win regional, national, and international awards for their design work including RGD (Association of Registered Graphic Designers), ADCC (Advertising and Design Club of Canada), Applied Arts, Print, HOW, and many others.
In this program you will have access to up-to-date technologies, including software, hardware, photography studio, and printing facilities. The program has limited enrolment and small class sizes to ensure students’ access to award-winning faculty with professional experience in the field of graphic design, packaging, photography and illustration. You will engage in a collaborative environment with dynamic studio projects for both in-class and live clients.
The program employs a project-based learning approach that addresses design, digital content creation, communication, interpersonal, mechanical, technical and enhanced employability skills. In the third year, you will participate in field placements to reinforce professional industry standards. Conestoga’s graphic design students are prepared to assume junior-level design positions and related responsibilities in the graphic design studios, advertising agencies, in-house communication departments, and technology-based companies. As a graduate you will use knowledge of design thinking, research, process, and practical design skills to plan and create purposeful visual communications, in collaboration with colleagues, supervisors, art or creative directors, project managers, and clients.
What You’ll Learn
- Conceptualize and develop design solutions using principles of design to create visual communications that meet the needs of the project.
- Employ the design process to create design solutions that meet the project objectives and the needs of the client and/or user.
- Plan, create and use photography, illustration and typography in design layouts to meet the requirements of the creative brief.
- Design, develop and create a variety of media products using relevant, current and/or emerging technologies.
- Communicate ideas, design concepts and opinions clearly and persuasively to others.
- Use recognized industry practices throughout the design process and related business tasks.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate graphic design projects using project management skills to deliver quality work to clients according to schedule and within budget.
- Complete all work in a professional and ethical manner, and in accordance with all applicable legislation and regulations.
- Keep current with visual media design trends, technologies and industry practices using strategies that enhance work performance and guide professional development.
- Use effective interpersonal and collaboration skills to complete interdisciplinary projects that meet the requirements of clients and community partners.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 30
Student Reviews (2)
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals ...
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals and will help you understand not just the theory but what it's like to be a programmer. I liked my two years here and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to do a four-year compsci degree.