Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Sep 7-Aug 25
Customers today want all information to be accessible on a website and they want that information fast. This four-semester Ontario College Graduate Certificate program is designed to provide hands-on, comprehensive training for those who desire to work in the field of web-centric business application development. The primary focus of the program is on user-centered design supported by extensive back-end programming and front-end use of graphic design, multimedia, video, animation, and e-commerce applications to facilitate a fully functional website. Students will apply human interface guidelines, standard based structures, and design and development principles to create accessible, usable, and captivating web experiences geared to today’s marketplace.
What You’ll Learn
- Determine the requirements for processing and managing business transactions to provide e-commerce solutions.
- Implement web site solutions based on business requirements and client specifications.
- Create a complete content management system using a database and scripting language to host relevant data and media.
- Develop data-driven web sites for multiple platforms in accordance with best practices, industry standards in content management, security, and accessibility.
- Design and develop web services and utilities using secure and functional interfaces that enable access to stored information.
- Use various information architectures in the design and development of accessible web sites to enhance the user experience.
- Apply project management best practices to design, build and maintain web sites and services.
- Test, troubleshoot and debug web site objectives and functionality to meet internal and external client expectations.
- Collect, interpret and analyze user requirements to produce project documentation for interested stakeholders in alignment with best industry practices and processes.
- Analyze web traffic and user feedback to improve the effectiveness of a company’s online presence.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Student Reviews (2)
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals ...
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals and will help you understand not just the theory but what it's like to be a programmer. I liked my two years here and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to do a four-year compsci degree.