Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jul 5-Jun 30
Jul 5-Jun 30
Sep 6 - Aug 25 2023
Post-production is both the science and the art of bringing a video production — such as a film or television show — to life. In simple terms, post-production refers to all the tasks that occur after filming is complete and the editing of the visual and audio materials begins.
Our Audio and Video Post-Production program will give you the knowledge and skills to thrive in this industry. You will receive specialist, practical training to become proficient in all the major facets of the discipline — video and sound editing, mixing, Foley, automatic dialogue replacement (ADR), motion graphic design, and more! You will work with industry-standard equipment and software programs, thus better preparing you to enter the workforce successfully upon graduation.
What You’ll Learn
- Achieve high proficiency in all the key software programs and equipment used in audio and video post-production
- Successfully navigate the post-production industry
- Record and edit sound for videos — everything from dialogue (voice), to footsteps, ambient noises and beyond
- Analyze various shots (video footage), sound recordings and establish a project plan and workflow accordingly
- Apply lighting and green screen techniques to shoot special effects
- Record, edit, replace, and integrate dialogue for videos
- Create the credits (opening and closing) for a film or television production
- Perform colour correction and grading for videos
- Seamlessly combine visual elements from a variety of different sources into one image/scene
Employability and Career
79.5% of our students have secured employment within six months of graduation.*
Our graduates have gone onto pursue successful careers in the following roles:
- Video editor
- Assistant editor
- Sound editor
- Post-production supervisor / coordinator
- Post supervisor
- Foley artist
- Colour correction and grading artist
- Digital overlay graphic designer
Upon completion, students will receive an Attestation of College Studies (ACS).
Domestic $32,000 CAD
International $32,000 CAD
Trebas Institute offers the Americas Grant ($10,000) to provide tuition support and make Canadian education more attainable to students from North America, Central America, South America and the Caribbean. Available to students who apply before December 31st, 2021 to Trebas Institute E-Commerce & Online Business Management or Audio and Video Post-Production program at Montreal campus.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jul 5-Jun 30
Student Reviews (4)
What are the deadlines for the submission of registration
Our deadlines are flexible and we can accept new students up until the first day of classes. Once all admissions information has been submitted and reviewed, applicants can expect confirmation of acceptance within the week.
What are the admissions procedures for international students?
International students must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before submitting an application to Trebas Institute. They should begin their application efforts as early as possible to receive their letter of acceptance in time and be able to obtain the documents required by the Canadian government.
Is it possible to meet with a counsellor at Trebas Institute?
Yes - it is strongly recommended you meet with one of our admissions advisors to learn more about our programs.
Can you guarantee me a job after I graduate?
Unfortunately, no college can guarantee you a job, but we do help you find a hands-on internship at related enterprises, networking with industry professionals and a continuous placement service to provide you with the best opportunities for rewarding careers in the industry.