Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: May 3-Apr 29
May 3-Apr 29
Sep 6 - Aug 26 2022
This program will ensure you become an expert at using industry-standard audio software and equipment to create the ultimate sounds for live events. You will also learn about contracts and how to organize the best music festivals to help you stand out in a crowded jobs market.
Whatever your goals are, you’ll get theoretical and practical skills, and can take advantage of an internship in your third semester. Upon graduation, you’ll gain versatile skills which can be adapted to different venues and events. Our academics regularly update their own knowledge and program content to ensure you only receive contemporary knowledge and will ensure you master industry-standard tools.
What You’ll Learn
- Live sound reinforcement (concerts, conferences, theatre productions, etc.)
- Professionally record live concerts and other events
- Know how to interpret and adapt to technical riders and stage plots
- Plan and design public address/audio system in a variety of different environments
- Maintain and perform basic repairs on commonly-used audio equipment
- Analyze and evaluate the acoustics of a room/concert venue
- Plan a concert or music festival
- Plan and respect health and safety protocols on-stage and behind the console
- Effectively navigate the live sound industry
- Understand and implement career development activities
Employability and Career
79.5% of our students have secured employment within six months of graduation.*
Our graduates have gone onto pursue successful careers in the following roles:
- ‘Roadie’ — The technicians / support personnel who travel with a band on tour
- Live sound consultant
- Live sound technician
- Recording technician for live concerts and events
- Representative/specialist for an audio equipment rental company
- Stage technician
- Venue technician
Upon completion, students will receive an Attestation of College Studies (ACS).
Domestic $13,700 CAD
International $13,700 CAD
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: May 3-Apr 29
Student Reviews (4)
What are the deadlines for the submission of registration
Our deadlines are flexible and we can accept new students up until the first day of classes. Once all admissions information has been submitted and reviewed, applicants can expect confirmation of acceptance within the week.
What are the admissions procedures for international students?
International students must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before submitting an application to Trebas Institute. They should begin their application efforts as early as possible to receive their letter of acceptance in time and be able to obtain the documents required by the Canadian government.
Is it possible to meet with a counsellor at Trebas Institute?
Yes - it is strongly recommended you meet with one of our admissions advisors to learn more about our programs.
Can you guarantee me a job after I graduate?
Unfortunately, no college can guarantee you a job, but we do help you find a hands-on internship at related enterprises, networking with industry professionals and a continuous placement service to provide you with the best opportunities for rewarding careers in the industry.