Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: May 3-Apr 29
May 3-Apr 29
Sep 6 - Aug 26 2022
An amazing soundtrack can be an integral part of a good television or film production. Be at the forefront of this industry with the Sound Recording program at Trebas Institute, a program designed to teach you how to capture and mix audio, as well as design and set up a professional home or project studio.
Our instructors are constantly working to update the program to keep you at the cutting edge of the industry. Additionally, our team are trained in state-of-the-art recording and editing equipment to help you thrive in any aspect of today’s modern recording industry.
What You’ll Learn
- Studio recording techniques (microphone, working with recording consoles, outboard gear, etc.)
- Mixing (editing, processing and adding effects to tracks and then combining them to create stereo or surround sound formats)
- Mastering (the process of creating the final mix of a recording session)
- Set up a professional recording studio
- Audio recording for film and video applications
- Assess the acoustics of a room or studio
- Music theory and ear training
- Maintain and perform basic repairs on commonly-used audio equipment
- Effectively navigate the music and audio industries
- Understand and implement career development activities
Employability and Career
79.5% of our students have secured employment within six months of graduation.*
Our graduates have gone onto pursue successful careers in the following roles:
- Audio equipment buyer
- Mastering technician
- Mixing technician
- Recording studio owner/manager
- Recording studio technician
Upon completion, students will receive an Attestation of College Studies (ACS).
Domestic $14,075 CAD
International $14,075 CAD
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: May 3-Apr 29
Student Reviews (4)
What are the deadlines for the submission of registration
Our deadlines are flexible and we can accept new students up until the first day of classes. Once all admissions information has been submitted and reviewed, applicants can expect confirmation of acceptance within the week.
What are the admissions procedures for international students?
International students must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before submitting an application to Trebas Institute. They should begin their application efforts as early as possible to receive their letter of acceptance in time and be able to obtain the documents required by the Canadian government.
Is it possible to meet with a counsellor at Trebas Institute?
Yes - it is strongly recommended you meet with one of our admissions advisors to learn more about our programs.
Can you guarantee me a job after I graduate?
Unfortunately, no college can guarantee you a job, but we do help you find a hands-on internship at related enterprises, networking with industry professionals and a continuous placement service to provide you with the best opportunities for rewarding careers in the industry.