Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 5-Aug 29
Sep 5-Aug 29
Jan 8 - Dec 19 2025
As a Culinary Management graduate, you are skilled in the art of food preparation and presentation and apply advanced food theories and kitchen management techniques to ensure a safe and healthy kitchen environment.
The School of Culinary Arts at Niagara College is renowned for its outstanding reputation with graduates, employers and industry partners. It has an unmatched hands-on learning environment with leading-edge facilities and world-class chef faculty. You participate in industry and community engagement through not-for-profit and catered events, recipe competitions, and industry research and innovation.
What You’ll Learn
- Provide advanced culinary planning, preparation, and presentation for a variety of food service environments using a range of classical and contemporary techniques.
- Apply basic and advanced food and bake science to food preparation to create a desired end product.
- Contribute to and monitor adherence of others to the provision of a well-maintained kitchen environment and to the service of food and beverage products that are free from harmful bacteria or other contaminants, adhering to health, safety, sanitation and food handling regulations.
- Ensure the safe operation of the kitchen and all aspects of food preparation to promote healthy work spaces, responsible kitchen management and efficient use of resources.
- Create menus that reflect knowledge of nutrition and food ingredients, promote general health and well-being, respond to a range of nutritional needs and preferences and address modification for special diets, food allergies and intolerances, as required.
- Apply business principles and recognized industry costing and control practices to food service operations to manage and promote a fiscally responsible operation.
- Apply knowledge of sustainability, ethical and local food sourcing, and food security to food preparation and kitchen management, recognizing the potential impacts on food production, consumer choice and operations within the food service industry.
- Select and use technology, including contemporary kitchen equipment, for food production and promotion.
- Perform effectively as a member of a food and beverage preparation and service team and contribute to the success of a food-service operation by applying self-management and interpersonal skills.
- Develop strategies for continuous personal and professional learning to ensure currency with and responsiveness to emerging culinary techniques, regulations and practices in the food service industry.
- Contribute to the development of marketing strategies that promote the successful operation of a food service business.
- Contribute to the business management of a variety of food and beverage operations to foster and engaging work environment that reflects service excellence.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 5-Aug 29
Student Reviews (50)
Niagara College is home to a diverse student population; its programs are purpose-driven and offer a student-focused learning environment in a multicultural setting. It also maintains active partnerships with different businesses across various industr...
Niagara College is home to a diverse student population; its programs are purpose-driven and offer a student-focused learning environment in a multicultural setting. It also maintains active partnerships with different businesses across various industries; therefore, getting an internationally recognized diploma in Business, specifically in Sales and Marketing, will provide me with a holistic learning experience.
I have learned from seasoned professionals in diverse HRM fields throughout the course of my program. As I graduate, I am grateful for a responsive team of college staff who are readily available to provide support and receive feedback as the need aris...
I have learned from seasoned professionals in diverse HRM fields throughout the course of my program. As I graduate, I am grateful for a responsive team of college staff who are readily available to provide support and receive feedback as the need arises. They have also shown expertise in deploying technology as a means to interact with the thousands of students on the NCT campus. One of the most responsive colleges that prioritize students' interests.