Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 26
Sep 6-Apr 26
Jan 9 - Dec 20 2024
Sep 5 - Apr 25 2025
The Tourism-Global Travel program combines practical hands-on experiences with class lectures. Students learn the key elements of the travel business through courses such as: Discovering Destinations, Customer Service Management, Tour Operations, Tourism Trends, Marketing, Travel Reservations, Digital Media, Adventure & Ecotourism and Hospitality Sales & Service, plus electives in business and general education courses. You will have the opportunity to meet industry leaders through events, program field trips and guest lecturers. You can also join other School of Business and Information Technology students on an international learning experience to get a first-hand look at various tourism destinations. The 200 hour field placement provides practical knowledge, career opportunities and connections in the industry.
The program provides the leadership and practical skills needed to work for tour operators, destination marketing organizations, travel agencies, cruise lines, hotels, resorts, or tourism and travel service providers. Complete a second business or hospitality diploma in one year, or continue your formal education with Fleming’s partner universities in Canada, Australia, Ireland or Scotland.
What You’ll Learn
- Support an industry and workplace service culture by adopting a positive attitude and professional decorum, accommodating diverse and special needs, and contributing as a team member.
- Deliver customer service and solutions that anticipate, meet and/or exceed individual expectations, as well as organizational expectations, standards and objectives.
- Use marketing concepts, market research, social networks, sales strategies, relationship management skills and product knowledge to promote and sell tourism products, services and customer experiences.
- Apply business principles as well as basic accounting, budgeting, financial and administration skills to support the effective management and operation of a variety of organizations delivering tourism products and services.
- Comply with relevant organization and workplace systems, processes, policies, standards, legal obligations and regulations, and apply risk management principles, to support and maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy tourism operations.
- Use appropriate technologies to enhance the quality and delivery of tourism products, services and customer experiences, to measure the effectiveness of tourism operations and to participate in tourism development.
- Keep current with tourism trends and issues, and interdependent relationships in the broader tourism industry sectors to improve work performance and guide career development.
- Use leadership, teamwork, conflict and relationship management skills and tools, as well as knowledge of organizational behaviour, employment standards and human rights to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Respond to issues and dilemmas arising in the delivery of tourism products, services and customer experiences by using and promoting ethical behaviour and best practices of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 26