Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 29
Sep 6-Aug 29
In Humber’s Animation 3D advanced diploma program, you will develop a well-rounded knowledge base and skillset that includes strong art, animation, modelling and visualization abilities. You will be prepared for the ever-expanding 3D art field with a thorough understanding of the latest 3D digital art technologies in a program developed with the input of industry advisors. Learn to work like the pros do — using the same 3D animation software and tools to render creative thoughts into compelling images and fully realized design.
This program will allow you to develop a blend of the most relevant digital and analog art skills, as well as an understanding of creative and technological processes. A full understanding of art and design theories will help you draw, visualize and apply colour principles to create appealing work. You will also gain a mastery in adhering to a pipeline as you develop content across courses, and teamwork as you collaborate with students from other programs to better simulate a studio/production environment.
Learn to go beyond beautiful surfaces and moving objects to get to the heart of 3D animation — involving narratives that capture the imagination of your audience.
What You’ll Learn
- Design, create and animate objects and characters with naturalistic and expressive movements and poses.
- Design and create hand-drawn and/or computer-generated drawings using principles of art, design and composition.
- Select and use appropriate tools and technologies for the development of animation projects.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of animation projects.
- Plan, develop and execute a series of effective and believable animation sequences.
- Create and enhance the production of animation sequences and projects using a variety of principles and techniques related to cinematography and art direction.
- Use storytelling skills to create and enhance the development and execution of animation sequences.
- Use performance theory and skills to create and enhance animation.
- Design and produce layouts using perspective, composition and colour theory to enhance visual presentation and mood.
- Present and defend a visual concept to a target audience.
- Use computer skills and appropriate digital asset management techniques to function effectively within a production pipeline.
- Develop, assemble and present a demo reel or portfolio in a manner that meets current industry expectations, and highlights one’s creativity, skills and proficiency with relevant animation software and related technologies.
- Model and rig objects, characters and background elements.
- Light and texture objects, characters and sets using a range of appropriate tools and techniques.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 29