Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 9-Aug 9
Jan 9-Aug 9
Humber, in collaboration with TEMA Foundation, has developed the Open Mind: Mental Health and Wellness for Front Line Professionals micro-credential program that gives learners the skills needed to create work-life balance amid the demands of work for first responders and health care professionals. Learners will gain the skills to support their own mental health, as well as that of their paramedic, firefighter, police officer, nursing and other front line professional peers.
This program is designed in collaboration with mental health advocates and provides current and relevant material.
What You’ll Learn
- Gain foundational skills in mental health and wellness, suicide prevention and intervention, and the cost of caring.
- Understand trauma, workplace culture, and seeking key supports and resources.
- Recognize key issues of mental health experienced by first responders and their family members.
- Develop leadership, reducing stigma, and building resiliency.
Through building solid supports in daily routine, learners will be able to balance the physical and emotional challenges that come with a career as a first responder, and become familiar with the wellness techniques used to maximize healing, resilience, and positivity.
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Working the Frontlines: The Cost of Caring
- Suicide Prevention & Intervention
Electives (choose 4)
- It’s Okay Not to be Okay: Seeking the Right Support & Resources
- After the Sirens Stop
- The Unique Culture of the Job
- Understanding the Traumatized Brain
- Adopting Leadership From a Trauma-Lens Perspective
- Promoting a Positive Workplace Environment
- Effective Communication Techniques From a Mental Health Perspective
- Mental Health Awareness: A Return on Investment & Work Plan
- Having Those Difficult Conversations: Avoiding the Breaking Point
- Silent Victims: Vicarious Trauma
- Hope & Healing: When Work Follows You Home
- Moving in the Right Direction
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 9-Aug 9
Student Reviews (13)
The program is intensive, you learn a lot in a very short time. The professors were incredible, really know their stuff and cared about helping me and other students. The live online format was perfect for my busy schedule. The course fit my budget and...
The program is intensive, you learn a lot in a very short time. The professors were incredible, really know their stuff and cared about helping me and other students. The live online format was perfect for my busy schedule. The course fit my budget and delivered great value. Very happy I chose Humber College!