Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Apr 3-Jul 15
Apr 3-Jul 15
What You’ll Learn
- How the Web Works: Go behind the scenes and learn about the programming languages that shape the web.
- Browser Basics: Dive into different webs browsers, their underlying systems, the features they support, and how they behave across different devices.
- Displaying Content With HTML/CSS: No templates here. Learn the basics of HTML and CSS, and how they fit into a website by focusing on accessibility, page layouts, and technical considerations.
- Introduction to the Back-End: Understand the basics of the back-end in order to complement your front-end training.
- Design Fundamentals: Get up to speed on design tools and techniques used in the working world through the production of a single page application.
- Building a Portfolio: Prepare a portfolio by exploring layouts, defining scope, creating estimates, and architecting your website.
- Perfecting Your Presentation Skills: Improve your overall communication skills through practice sessions and professional presentations.
- Career Guidance: Prepare for a career in web development with guidance on the working world.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Apr 3-Jul 15
Student Reviews (3)
Very Great Learning Experience
Mark RyanToronto • September 6, 2018
Social Media Bootcamp
It was a 3 month course all about SOCIAL MEDIA and online marketing! I was very happy and impressed with the environment, teachers, guest speakers, class mates and EVERYTHING involved with this course. We were in a small class size of just 10 people wh
It was a 3 month course all about SOCIAL MEDIA and online marketing! I was very happy and impressed with the environment, teachers, guest speakers, class mates and EVERYTHING involved with this course. We were in a small class size of just 10 people which made it a better learning environment. There was weekly assignments and lots of Group Work. We got to be taught by industry experts that have been successful in the field. Every week we would be moving onto new techniques, platforms and success stories in the advertising industry. The course really opened my eyes to unlimited possibilities and a taught me a wide range of new skills. This course helped me work on my public speaking skills as we had to present an assignments weekly as well as my teamwork skills. I am putting lots of what i learnt in the course into my businesses today. This course has opened up new doors for me and I am confident on delivering for these new clients. I never expected or wanted to go back to school but this course was well worth it and I am very happy i did it. This course also helps you build a very professional portfolio/website which should make you stand out above others (it did for me). Love this institute and would be interested in taking another course with them in the future.
Time of my life!
Gioia van de FliertToronto • September 6, 2018
Social Media Bootcamp
As I was flying from The Netherlands to Toronto, I new a big adventure was awaiting me. It was the country, the city, the school, the teachers, the students. I've never been to a school where people are SO motivated. Because of the admission process, y
As I was flying from The Netherlands to Toronto, I new a big adventure was awaiting me. It was the country, the city, the school, the teachers, the students. I've never been to a school where people are SO motivated. Because of the admission process, you just feel everyones drive to do their absolute best. Working together in groups with people from all over the world doesn't just teach you what you learn in class, but also what your classmates think about advertisement in their country and cultures. That gives you a very broad perspective on working in the industry.
I also never felt so understood by teachers before. They listen and are able to give just that personalized feedback to make you better, without trying to change your way.
I am very happy I was a part of Miami Ad School Toronto, and would love to do it again, no doubt!
What kind of educational background do I need?
Our Bootcamp programs cater to students from a wide variety of backgrounds. However, these programs require a degree or diploma in advertising, marketing, business, or a related field, along with a minimum of one year of work experience.
Can my employer sponsor me as a Bootcamp student?
Yes! With the Canada Ontario Job Grant, your employer can be reimbursed 67-85% the cost of tuition. This mean that your employer can send you to upgrade your skills for as little as $975.
Are Bootcamps available online?
Our Bootcamps are only available in-person so that you can get your hands dirty and work on real world projects. Of course, we know that your schedule is already packed, which is why our Bootcamps run from 6PM to 9PM on weeknights, giving you the opportunity to learn something new, without sacrificing your 9 to 5.
What is a Live Client?
A Live Client is a top agency or brand (past clients include Google, Koodo, Cirque du Soleil and Smoke’s Poutine) that will present you with a creative brief. You will then have an opportunity to work directly with the client and pitch your very own campaign idea.