Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Apr 3-Jul 15
Apr 3-Jul 15
In just 16 weeks you’ll be immersed in the world of User Experience (UX) Design. A series of lectures and working sessions will expose you to a world of theoretical knowledge, and practical UX design approaches and skills by the top experts in the industry. You’ll have the opportunity to dive in to the reality of the discipline and learn to create great experiences through hands-on exercises and project work. Toolbox sessions teach tangible and transferable skills including; cognitive psychology, problem solving and effectively working with your team. The program concludes with a final week of building and presenting each individual’s portfolio to a panel of proven industry executives.
- History of UX Design: Learn about the history and evolution UX design and the importance of putting the user at the centre of the design process – you’ll be best friends with your audience in no time.
- User Needs: Understand and harness the importance of different research techniques, create appropriate artifacts and develop an experience brief.
- Design Frameworks: Gather and nurture ideas and build an experience design framework that illustrates and defines the experiences of different types of users.
- Create a Working Prototype: Gain an understanding of UX tools, techniques and best practices. Discover how to refine your ideas, translate them into designs and document them to create memorable experiences.
- Test Your Work: Learn the ins and outs of user testing and how to apply insights to improve your designs.
- Create a Portfolio: Learn how to create a UX design portfolio. Showcase your best work and highlight what employers are looking for to prepare you for the interview that could launch your career.
- Learn How to Present: Gain confidence in describing and explaining your work, demonstrate your point of view and provide rationale for your design decisions.
- Toolboxes: Design basics, introduction to cognitive psychology, problem solving, collaborating with visual designers, working with front-end developers.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Apr 3-Jul 15
Student Reviews (3)
Very Great Learning Experience
Mark RyanToronto • September 6, 2018
It was a 3 month course all about SOCIAL MEDIA and online marketing! I was very happy and impressed with the environment, teachers, guest speakers, class mates and EVERYTHING involved with this course. We were in a small class size of just 10 people wh
It was a 3 month course all about SOCIAL MEDIA and online marketing! I was very happy and impressed with the environment, teachers, guest speakers, class mates and EVERYTHING involved with this course. We were in a small class size of just 10 people which made it a better learning environment. There was weekly assignments and lots of Group Work. We got to be taught by industry experts that have been successful in the field. Every week we would be moving onto new techniques, platforms and success stories in the advertising industry. The course really opened my eyes to unlimited possibilities and a taught me a wide range of new skills. This course helped me work on my public speaking skills as we had to present an assignments weekly as well as my teamwork skills. I am putting lots of what i learnt in the course into my businesses today. This course has opened up new doors for me and I am confident on delivering for these new clients. I never expected or wanted to go back to school but this course was well worth it and I am very happy i did it. This course also helps you build a very professional portfolio/website which should make you stand out above others (it did for me). Love this institute and would be interested in taking another course with them in the future.
Time of my life!
Gioia van de FliertToronto • September 6, 2018
As I was flying from The Netherlands to Toronto, I new a big adventure was awaiting me. It was the country, the city, the school, the teachers, the students. I've never been to a school where people are SO motivated. Because of the admission process, y
As I was flying from The Netherlands to Toronto, I new a big adventure was awaiting me. It was the country, the city, the school, the teachers, the students. I've never been to a school where people are SO motivated. Because of the admission process, you just feel everyones drive to do their absolute best. Working together in groups with people from all over the world doesn't just teach you what you learn in class, but also what your classmates think about advertisement in their country and cultures. That gives you a very broad perspective on working in the industry.
I also never felt so understood by teachers before. They listen and are able to give just that personalized feedback to make you better, without trying to change your way.
I am very happy I was a part of Miami Ad School Toronto, and would love to do it again, no doubt!
What kind of educational background do I need?
Our Bootcamp programs cater to students from a wide variety of backgrounds. However, these programs require a degree or diploma in advertising, marketing, business, or a related field, along with a minimum of one year of work experience.
Can my employer sponsor me as a Bootcamp student?
Yes! With the Canada Ontario Job Grant, your employer can be reimbursed 67-85% the cost of tuition. This mean that your employer can send you to upgrade your skills for as little as $975.
Are Bootcamps available online?
Our Bootcamps are only available in-person so that you can get your hands dirty and work on real world projects. Of course, we know that your schedule is already packed, which is why our Bootcamps run from 6PM to 9PM on weeknights, giving you the opportunity to learn something new, without sacrificing your 9 to 5.
What is a Live Client?
A Live Client is a top agency or brand (past clients include Google, Koodo, Cirque du Soleil and Smoke’s Poutine) that will present you with a creative brief. You will then have an opportunity to work directly with the client and pitch your very own campaign idea.