Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Apr 3-Jul 15
Apr 3-Jul 15
In just 15 weeks you’ll be immersed in the world of User Experience (UX) Design. A series of lectures and working sessions will expose you to a world of theoretical knowledge, and practical UX design approaches and skills by the top experts in the industry. You’ll have the opportunity to dive in to the reality of the discipline and learn to create great experiences through hands-on exercises and project work. Toolbox sessions teach tangible and transferable skills including; cognitive psychology, problem solving and effectively working with your team. The program concludes with a final week of building and presenting each individual’s portfolio to a panel of proven industry executives.
Who is this program for?
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- Creative Technologist
- Web Developer
- UI Lead
What You’ll Learn
- History of UX Design: Learn about the history and evolution UX design and the importance of putting the user at the centre of the design process – you’ll be best friends with your audience in no time.
- User Needs: Understand and harness the importance of different research techniques, create appropriate artifacts and develop an experience brief.
- Design Frameworks: Gather and nurture ideas and build an experience design framework that illustrates and defines the experiences of different types of users.
- Create a Working Prototype: Gain an understanding of UX tools, techniques and best practices. Discover how to refine your ideas, translate them into designs and document them to create memorable experiences.
- Test Your Work: Learn the ins and outs of user testing and how to apply insights to improve your designs.
- Create a Portfolio: Learn how to create a UX design portfolio. Showcase your best work and highlight what employers are looking for to prepare you for the interview that could launch your career.
- Learn How to Present: Gain confidence in describing and explaining your work, demonstrate your point of view and provide rationale for your design decisions.
- Toolboxes: Design basics, introduction to cognitive psychology, problem solving, collaborating with visual designers, working with front-end developers.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Apr 3-Jul 15
Student Reviews (4)
UX Design Bootcamp Review
Brena JohnsonToronto • January 24, 2019
UX Design Bootcamp
I'm an Art Director working in advertising and wanted to expand my knowledge on best practices in UX. I did learn a lot in the short time I was attending MAS classes and was glad I jumped on the opportunity to attend. The bootcamp was very intense whil...
I'm an Art Director working in advertising and wanted to expand my knowledge on best practices in UX. I did learn a lot in the short time I was attending MAS classes and was glad I jumped on the opportunity to attend. The bootcamp was very intense while working a full time job in advertising, and asked a lot from students who had zero experience with UX design, but it pushed us to learn fast and absorb as much information as we could have. The program has improved my strategic thinking on digital platforms and informed me on best practices in UX design.
Very Great Learning Experience
Mark RyanToronto • September 6, 2018
Social Media Bootcamp
It was a 3 month course all about SOCIAL MEDIA and online marketing! I was very happy and impressed with the environment, teachers, guest speakers, class mates and EVERYTHING involved with this course. We were in a small class size of just 10 people wh...
It was a 3 month course all about SOCIAL MEDIA and online marketing! I was very happy and impressed with the environment, teachers, guest speakers, class mates and EVERYTHING involved with this course. We were in a small class size of just 10 people which made it a better learning environment. There was weekly assignments and lots of Group Work. We got to be taught by industry experts that have been successful in the field. Every week we would be moving onto new techniques, platforms and success stories in the advertising industry. The course really opened my eyes to unlimited possibilities and a taught me a wide range of new skills. This course helped me work on my public speaking skills as we had to present an assignments weekly as well as my teamwork skills. I am putting lots of what i learnt in the course into my businesses today. This course has opened up new doors for me and I am confident on delivering for these new clients. I never expected or wanted to go back to school but this course was well worth it and I am very happy i did it. This course also helps you build a very professional portfolio/website which should make you stand out above others (it did for me). Love this institute and would be interested in taking another course with them in the future.
What kind of educational background do I need?
Our Bootcamp programs cater to students from a wide variety of backgrounds. However, these programs require a degree or diploma in advertising, marketing, business, or a related field, along with a minimum of one year of work experience.
Can my employer sponsor me as a Bootcamp student?
Yes! With the Canada Ontario Job Grant, your employer can be reimbursed 67-85% the cost of tuition. This mean that your employer can send you to upgrade your skills for as little as $975.
Are Bootcamps available online?
Our Bootcamps are only available in-person so that you can get your hands dirty and work on real world projects. Of course, we know that your schedule is already packed, which is why our Bootcamps run from 6PM to 9PM on weeknights, giving you the opportunity to learn something new, without sacrificing your 9 to 5.
What is a Live Client?
A Live Client is a top agency or brand (past clients include Google, Koodo, Cirque du Soleil and Smoke’s Poutine) that will present you with a creative brief. You will then have an opportunity to work directly with the client and pitch your very own campaign idea.