Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 27-Mar 25
Jan 27-Mar 25
Apr 8 - Jun 24 2019
Average Class Size
This program enables students expand their existing skill set to succeed as a junior web and/or mobile application developer.
You’ll also learn how to work with UX and UI designers, deploy different types of databases, write maintainable and testable code, use industry-standard practices for working collaboratively in teams, and deploy your applications to the cloud.
- React: Build single-page applications using React for front-end UI component development and routing.
- Redux: Effectively manage application state using this popular library.
- Express: Use Express as a light-weight application framework for architecting your apps in Node.js.
- PostgreSQL and MongoDB: Learn about relational and “NoSQL” databases, and how to choose the best one for your application.
- React Native: Take your React skills to the next level by building truly native mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Cloud Deployment: Push code to live applications without any downtime using industry best practices for code deployment and integration.
Career Support & Development
Our Career Support Team is there to support you through your job search process. They will advise you on job opportunities, introduce you to the RED hiring network and coach you during job interview and negotiation. You will also be given continual support from your instructors. This includes connecting to industry professionals and providing references to potential employers. We are commited to supporting our graduates until a job offer is made within their respected fields of study. The Development roles outlined below are most commonly available to students post graduation but are not limited to these roles:
- Junior App Developer: Build cross platform native mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Junior Web Developer: Build websites or web applications for clients or start-ups.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 27-Mar 25
Student Reviews (16)
I graduated with a marketing degree from an American university. RED's Digital Marketing Professional program taught me technical skills in three months that I didn't get during my 4-year degree. Looking to upgrade, switch careers or market your own pr
I graduated with a marketing degree from an American university. RED's Digital Marketing Professional program taught me technical skills in three months that I didn't get during my 4-year degree. Looking to upgrade, switch careers or market your own products and services -- this is the place to do it!
I attended RED Academy for 6 months and completed both the web and app development courses. When I joined I knew next to nothing about code in general. Upon completing the course I moved to a different country and easily landed a job within less than a
I attended RED Academy for 6 months and completed both the web and app development courses. When I joined I knew next to nothing about code in general. Upon completing the course I moved to a different country and easily landed a job within less than a month. I think that easily the most value I got from this course was the instructors and I am ever so grateful they put up with my never ending stream of questions. Be ready though! It isn't easy. You will need focus and dedication to get through the course. Hopefully you will come out on the other end of your gruelling 3-6 months with a new found passion for development and land your dream job like I did.
My only recommendation for RED, or any bootcamp out there for that matter, would be to focus more on the basics instead of trying to cram down all the latest and greatest technologies at once. More focus on the fundamentals of computer science and programming would have been nice.
Overall I had an amazing life changing time at RED Academy and will forever be grateful for the staff that was there to guide me through my journey!