Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 10-Dec 22
Jan 10-Dec 22
May 9 - Apr 26 2024
Sep 6 - Aug 30 2024
Langara’s Advanced 3D Animation program is designed to provide you with comprehensive 3D animation skills so that you are prepared and confident to enter production-ready roles upon graduation. Shaped for students with an established background in art, this program prepares students for a rewarding career through expert-taught courses, interactions with and feedback from industry representatives, and a program curriculum crafted to develop artists into skilled and specialized professionals ready to launch their own journey into digital production.
Leveraging the strength of the curriculum and new facilities in the heart of Vancouver’s animation district at the Centre of Entertainment Arts, the Continuing Studies Diploma in Advanced 3D Animation supports students through a two-year, full-time program that offers a comprehensive coverage of core practical and artistic skills. In addition to training students for a career after graduation, the program enables students to hone their strengths and shape a specialized professional focus.
What You’ll Learn
- Make effective design choices to support narrative, character, and/or mood.
- Demonstrate the ability to research for inspiration, reference, accuracy, and incorporate findings into design solutions.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Demonstrate advanced facility and flexibility with animation and technology and software.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Assemble a professional demo reel or portfolio demonstrating an understanding of the target market.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the production pipeline through successful participation in the collaborative / pipeline process.
- Clearly express creative thought processes, concepts and strategies using industry-standard vocabulary.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviours necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
Student Reviews (3)
The Nursing program at Langara exposed me to multiple aspects of nursing. With support and encouragement from my instructors and colleagues I was able to pursue my dream of working in public health. Langara assisted me with the tools I needed to excel ...
The Nursing program at Langara exposed me to multiple aspects of nursing. With support and encouragement from my instructors and colleagues I was able to pursue my dream of working in public health. Langara assisted me with the tools I needed to excel in the fascinating and ever changing world of public health. Now, five years down the road I am still proud to say that I graduated from the Langara School of Nursing with my BSN.
The Langara difference is the community and the friendships that you build with your classmates and instructors. Students work together to become successful and competent professionals. Instructors are accessible and invested in the students; they love...
The Langara difference is the community and the friendships that you build with your classmates and instructors. Students work together to become successful and competent professionals. Instructors are accessible and invested in the students; they love nursing and this is evident in the lessons they impart in class. I always felt supported.