Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jul 2-Sep 17
Jul 2-Sep 17
Average Class Size
This program enables students expand their existing skill set to succeed as a junior web and/or mobile application developer.
You’ll also learn how to work with UX and UI designers, deploy different types of databases, write maintainable and testable code, use industry-standard practices for working collaboratively in teams, and deploy your applications to the cloud.
- React: Build single-page applications using React for front-end UI component development and routing.
- Redux: Effectively manage application state using this popular library.
- Express: Use Express as a light-weight application framework for architecting your apps in Node.js.
- PostgreSQL and MongoDB: Learn about relational and “NoSQL” databases, and how to choose the best one for your application.
- React Native: Take your React skills to the next level by building truly native mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Cloud Deployment: Push code to live applications without any downtime using industry best practices for code deployment and integration.
Career Support & Development
Our Career Support Team is there to support you through your job search process. They will advise you on job opportunities, introduce you to the RED hiring network and coach you during job interview and negotiation. You will also be given continual support from your instructors. This includes connecting to industry professionals and providing references to potential employers. We are committed to supporting our graduates until a job offer is made within their respected fields of study. The Development roles outlined below are most commonly available to students post graduation but are not limited to these roles:
- Junior App Developer: Build cross platform native mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Junior Web Developer: Build websites or web applications for clients or start-ups.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jul 2-Sep 17
Student Reviews (17)
RED delivered! I enrolled at RED Academy after I finished a communications degree at UBC. I wanted a quick access point to the tech and startup community in Canada, and that's exactly what I got. The program exposed me to all of the most important skil...
RED delivered! I enrolled at RED Academy after I finished a communications degree at UBC. I wanted a quick access point to the tech and startup community in Canada, and that's exactly what I got. The program exposed me to all of the most important skills and tools used by digital marketers today and helped me choose what to specialize in (PPC campaigns and digital strategy). The experience definitely opened up new job opportunities for me. I now work in a digital role at leading Canadian agency. A++ and thank you!
I graduated with a marketing degree from an American university. RED's Digital Marketing Professional program taught me technical skills in three months that I didn't get during my 4-year degree. Looking to upgrade, switch careers or market your own pr...
I graduated with a marketing degree from an American university. RED's Digital Marketing Professional program taught me technical skills in three months that I didn't get during my 4-year degree. Looking to upgrade, switch careers or market your own products and services -- this is the place to do it!