Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 13-Apr 3
Jan 13-Apr 3
Apr 20 - Jul 10 2020
Sep 21 - Dec 11 2020
Average Class Size
Throughout this 12-week program, students will engage in the creative process and learn how to apply design theory foundations to create engaging user interfaces for apps and websites. They will learn the technical aspects of user interface design while simultaneously building the skills to work on multidisciplinary teams in an agency, start up, or freelance environment.
What You’ll Learn
- Typography, colour and composition: Create coherent and balanced designs by making good use of colour, typography and other visual elements.
- Web and app design: Design responsive websites and apps considering their specific technologies and platforms.
- Creative thinking: Lead brainstorming sessions to facilitate conceptual thinking and adopt a strategic and human-centric approach to problem solving.
- User interface design and prototyping: Create clickable prototypes of marketable and intuitive websites and apps that effortlessly let the user to accomplish their goals.
- Creative design software: Learn Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Principle, and get an introduction to InDesign.
- Workflow and client management: Understand how to work with clients, manage expectations and set up workflows that deliver the results clients are looking for.
- Branding and marketing: Create conceptual campaigns and design the elements of a great visual identity and style-guide: logo, corporate colours, typographic rules, etc.
- Iconography: Learn how to effectively communicate through iconography, and design pixel perfect icons using illustrator.
- Responsive web design: Create website designs that are optimized for all screen sizes including mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Mobile app design: Create digital interfaces optimized for mobile considering touch interactions and common usability patterns.
The Career Support Team advises on job opportunities, introduces students to the RED Hiring Network and provides coaching during the interview and negotiation process. We are committed to supporting our graduates until a job offer is made within their respected fields of study.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 13-Apr 3
Student Reviews (18)
Course doesn’t deliver, and they know it. Exercises in class are minimal, and disorganized. Material is presented by ‘bullet point’, with aimless banter being mistaken as context. They work very hard to recruit students as young and green as poss...
Course doesn’t deliver, and they know it. Exercises in class are minimal, and disorganized. Material is presented by ‘bullet point’, with aimless banter being mistaken as context. They work very hard to recruit students as young and green as possible. A $100 video course online would have delivered more content and been more interactive. There are decent schools out there. This isn’t one of them.
RED delivered! I enrolled at RED Academy after I finished a communications degree at UBC. I wanted a quick access point to the tech and startup community in Canada, and that's exactly what I got. The program exposed me to all of the most important skil...
RED delivered! I enrolled at RED Academy after I finished a communications degree at UBC. I wanted a quick access point to the tech and startup community in Canada, and that's exactly what I got. The program exposed me to all of the most important skills and tools used by digital marketers today and helped me choose what to specialize in (PPC campaigns and digital strategy). The experience definitely opened up new job opportunities for me. I now work in a digital role at leading Canadian agency. A++ and thank you!