Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Apr 8-Mar 25
Apr 8-Mar 25
Average Class Size
Designed to provide you with in-depth practical experience and relevant skills to succeed in a user interface & visual design related field.
A great digital UI Designer has the skills and knowledge to create delightful visual designs that are true to the brand while balancing seamless interactivity and ease of navigation for apps and websites. With today’s growing consumer expectations of flawless, high quality experiences, the caliber of the UI Design can be what makes or breaks the success of a business.
Throughout this 12-week program, students will engage in the creative process and learn how to apply design theory foundations to create engaging user interfaces for apps and websites. They will learn the technical aspects of user interface design while simultaneously building the skills to work on multidisciplinary teams in an agency, start up, or freelance environment.
What You’ll Learn
- Typography, colour and composition: Create coherent and balanced designs by making good use of colour, typography and other visual elements.
- Web and app design: Design responsive websites and apps considering their specific technologies and platforms.
- Creative thinking: Lead brainstorming sessions to facilitate conceptual thinking and adopt a strategic and human-centric approach to problem solving.
- User interface design and prototyping: Create clickable prototypes of marketable and intuitive websites and apps that effortlessly let the user to accomplish their goals.
- Creative design software: Learn Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Principle, and get an introduction to InDesign.
- Workflow and client management: Understand how to work with clients, manage expectations and set up workflows that deliver the results clients are looking for.
- Branding and marketing: Create conceptual campaigns and design the elements of a great visual identity and style-guide: logo, corporate colours, typographic rules, etc.
- Iconography: Learn how to effectively communicate through iconography, and design pixel perfect icons using illustrator.
- Responsive web design: Create website designs that are optimized for all screen sizes including mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Mobile app design: Create digital interfaces optimized for mobile considering touch interactions and common usability patterns.
Launch Your Career
You will receive support throughout your job search process. The Career Support Team advises on job opportunities, introduces students to the RED Hiring Network and provides coaching during the interview and negotiation process. You are also given continual support from your instructors. This includes connecting industry professionals and providing references to potential employers. We are committed to supporting our graduates until a job offer is made within their respected fields of study. The roles outlined below are most commonly available to students post graduation but are not limited to these roles:
- UI Designer: UI Designers usually specialize in creating style guides to guide the design of interfaces for websites, desktop and mobile applications.
- Product Designer: A Product Designer is someone who is involved along every step of the process to create a unified experience and a seamless product. Designers who have a broad skill set are typically good candidates.
- Web Designer: With so many businesses and organizations needing online presence, designers who can work effectively to create responsive websites are very high in demand.
- Graphic Designer: You will have basic knowledge of the core concept behind graphic design: composition, colour theory and typography which you will be able to apply to any media including print.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Apr 8-Mar 25
Student Reviews (16)
I graduated with a marketing degree from an American university. RED's Digital Marketing Professional program taught me technical skills in three months that I didn't get during my 4-year degree. Looking to upgrade, switch careers or market your own pr
I graduated with a marketing degree from an American university. RED's Digital Marketing Professional program taught me technical skills in three months that I didn't get during my 4-year degree. Looking to upgrade, switch careers or market your own products and services -- this is the place to do it!
I attended RED Academy for 6 months and completed both the web and app development courses. When I joined I knew next to nothing about code in general. Upon completing the course I moved to a different country and easily landed a job within less than a
I attended RED Academy for 6 months and completed both the web and app development courses. When I joined I knew next to nothing about code in general. Upon completing the course I moved to a different country and easily landed a job within less than a month. I think that easily the most value I got from this course was the instructors and I am ever so grateful they put up with my never ending stream of questions. Be ready though! It isn't easy. You will need focus and dedication to get through the course. Hopefully you will come out on the other end of your gruelling 3-6 months with a new found passion for development and land your dream job like I did.
My only recommendation for RED, or any bootcamp out there for that matter, would be to focus more on the basics instead of trying to cram down all the latest and greatest technologies at once. More focus on the fundamentals of computer science and programming would have been nice.
Overall I had an amazing life changing time at RED Academy and will forever be grateful for the staff that was there to guide me through my journey!