Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Jul 29
Jan 4-Jul 29
May 2 - Nov 25 2022
Sep 6 - Mar 31 2023
Jan 3 - Jul 28 2023
May 1 - Nov 24 2023
This one-year Ontario Graduate Certificate program is designed to provide students with a holistic approach to information systems security as it applies to business. The program will provide a broad understanding of security concepts and concentrate on industry best practices for information security. Students will gain the knowledge required to manage both the strategic and operational aspects of information security.
The students will develop the skills to identify vulnerabilities to business and implement effective safeguards to minimize risks to acceptable levels. They will learn detailed practical aspects of security such as risk analysis, vulnerability testing, writing security policies, implementing access controls and performing security audits. An emphasis will be placed on interpersonal, organizational, technical, communication and problem-solving skills applied to enhance the effective implementation of security in a business environment.
What You’ll Learn
- Apply knowledge of computer operating systems, networking, and various application software to the simulation of business processes.
- Develop best practices to protect business resources through the application of knowledge of vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Develop security strategies for the deployment of security procedures and protective devices.
- Integrate information technology strategies that support business functions by employing knowledge of best practices of business processes and systems.
- Develop security plans and strategies to include acceptable use of business information and systems by internal employees, contractors, consultants, business partners and customers.
- Develop security plans and strategies to ensure the integrity of information in compliance with best practices, relevant policies, standards, and regulations.
- Apply project management principles in the deployment of security policies and strategies.
- Perform security audits to ensure compliance with security plans, policies, standards, regulations and best practices.
- Develop and deliver a corporate training program to communicate both orally and in writing the security requirements for compliance with security policies.
- Prepare security documentation for approval by senior management and present results of security audits.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Jul 29
Student Reviews (2)
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from ...
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from reading theories and essay writing to producing content and connecting with my fellow filmmakers was exactly what I needed.
The environment of AFM is a lot more intimate than the university experience. You are always working in groups to create projects and receiving constant feedback from the professors. If you want to learn the ins and outs making a film, and meet the people who are going to help you do it, there is no better place to go than Fanshawe’s Advanced Filmmaking program.