Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Sep 3
Sep 3-Sep 3
Build on the information technology management and software development skills that you already have through the Cloud Development and Operations Ontario College Graduate Certificate program. Learn to design, build, and manage secure, scalable, and cost-effective solutions using the latest cloud-native tools. This program prepares you to meet the mounting demand for cloud computing professionals across all industries in both the public and private sectors. You benefit from the experience of faculty as you prepare for industry-recognized certifications in various cloud computing career paths.
Through authentic industry problems from industry advisors, you gain experience choosing between public-cloud, private-cloud, hybrid-cloud, and multi-cloud architectures. Practise migrating legacy applications and their data to new cloud hosted environments. Build highly available solutions that balance security and data privacy needs with time-to-market agility and cost-efficiency. Employing industry best practises, you compose containerized microservices, serverless functions, redundant message queues, and managed cloud database services to create full-stack cloud-native application solutions. Learn to manage infrastructure as code using open source and cloud platform-specific tools to automate many DevOps tasks like continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, performance and compliance monitoring, and security audits.
Build industry relationships while completing an applied project for a real-world client. You integrate the technical knowledge and experience gained throughout the program and demonstrate your leadership and communications skills. Students also have the option to gain real-world experience through a paid co-operative education (co-op) work term.
Cloud computing skills are in-demand across most industry sectors, including retail, transportation, media, gaming, health care, and more. Upon graduation you may find employment in software development, DevOps, or professional services. You may work with small start-ups, established companies or governments of all levels.
What You’ll Learn
- Create an appropriate architectural design to support the client’s secure virtual infrastructure and application development needs.
- Select and deploy appropriate cloud environments to support a variety of workloads in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Design and implement highly-available and elastically-scalable solutions within cloud computing platforms to maximize the reliability and resiliency of application services.
- Integrate and automate development and operations processes to enhance business innovation and agility with consistently reliable solutions within an established policy framework.
- Evaluate and integrate industry best practice recommendations into the design and development of secure cloud-based solutions to protect the privacy and integrity of client data.
- Evaluate the full cost implications of various cloud solution options to find an optimal cost/benefit balance for an organization.
- Assess and implement policy monitoring and compliance strategies and tools to ensure all deployed cloud-based solutions adhere to relevant regulatory, governance and legal requirements.
- Apply collaborative project management principles to identify, track and effectively communicate project goals, costs, constraints and deliverables, that support successful project outcomes.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Sep 3
Student Reviews (12)
I had a great experience at Algonquin College. The program was awesome - I completed a good portion of it online (via their online campus) and some courses at the Ottawa campus. I recommend this program and this College to anyone. In fact, I continued ...
I had a great experience at Algonquin College. The program was awesome - I completed a good portion of it online (via their online campus) and some courses at the Ottawa campus. I recommend this program and this College to anyone. In fact, I continued taking courses through their corporate training to augment my skills.
I studied at the Pembroke campus where I found my calling! The community of professors and students is close and the curriculum balances the practical and theoretical side of things very well with in-class lectures and many workshops. I also loved that...
I studied at the Pembroke campus where I found my calling! The community of professors and students is close and the curriculum balances the practical and theoretical side of things very well with in-class lectures and many workshops. I also loved that I got three field placements, which is more than other programs. Everyone is working to support your success here and send you off into a secure and in demand job where you get to care for and help develop children. Dream come true.