Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Aug 29
Sep 3-Aug 29
Define your interest in music, media and film production in the one-year Music, Media and Film Foundation Ontario College Certificate program. As a student, you explore career opportunities in the music, media and film industry and develop foundational skills to prepare you for further post-secondary study in film, radio, television or music industry arts.
In this program, you build fundamental techniques in audio and video production and apply them within a studio environment. You develop storytelling skills, allowing your message to reach audiences in an influential way. You plan and prepare for further education and the industry, focusing on the academic and professional skills that will help you get there. In this program, you work collaboratively to create media assets, learning the many roles that function together in the music, media and film industry.
This foundational program allows you to build a portfolio that demonstrate your readiness for several related programs, acting as a starting point for further education. These foundations provide students with an introduction to more advanced music-, media- and film-related programs including but not limited to:
What You’ll Learn
- Use storytelling practices to communicate and strengthen written proposals, documents and interactive presentations to enhance the engagement of specific audiences.
- Explore the influence of the music, media and film industries on the social, political, economic and cultural landscape to identify historical trends and future opportunities.
- Choose appropriate tools, techniques and applications to create media assets and presentations that support project goals.
- Develop an education and career plan, including self-promotional materials and entrepreneurial skills to prepare for a career in the music, media and film industry.
- Develop creative concepts and ideas to address the requirements of an audience, product or project.
- Collaborate with a production team in the creation of media projects to maintain a productive, professional working environment.
- Utilize a variety of industry standard audio/video software applications and techniques in the creation of media for a range of platforms.
- Complete all work in compliance with music, media and film industry guidelines, standards, regulations, contract requirements and copyright law.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Aug 29
Student Reviews (12)
I had a great experience at Algonquin College. The program was awesome - I completed a good portion of it online (via their online campus) and some courses at the Ottawa campus. I recommend this program and this College to anyone. In fact, I continued ...
I had a great experience at Algonquin College. The program was awesome - I completed a good portion of it online (via their online campus) and some courses at the Ottawa campus. I recommend this program and this College to anyone. In fact, I continued taking courses through their corporate training to augment my skills.
I studied at the Pembroke campus where I found my calling! The community of professors and students is close and the curriculum balances the practical and theoretical side of things very well with in-class lectures and many workshops. I also loved that...
I studied at the Pembroke campus where I found my calling! The community of professors and students is close and the curriculum balances the practical and theoretical side of things very well with in-class lectures and many workshops. I also loved that I got three field placements, which is more than other programs. Everyone is working to support your success here and send you off into a secure and in demand job where you get to care for and help develop children. Dream come true.