Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Dec 23
Jan 4-Dec 23
Sep 6 - Aug 25 2023
The Cyber Security graduate certificate program at George Brown College is designed to meet the high demand for cyber security professionals and related IT security professionals across multiple sectors – including consulting services, finance and health care.
Students begin with learning the theory and practical skills required to become a cyber security professional, including the differences and similarities between cyber security and hacking. A holistic approach is used, with students learning about the primary attack surfaces (physical, social, electronic). Students will learn about methods for compromising the attack surfaces, and how to mitigate potential attacks.
In the third semester, students will learn advanced techniques in ethical hacking incident response. A capstone group project will provide students with an opportunity to showcase their skills and talents for potential employers.
Students graduating from this program are prepared to help defend organizations from the many cyber threats, including malware, network attacks and data compromise. They will have the capabilities to monitor, assess and evaluate security risks and threats to physical and digital infrastructure, develop and implement security contingency planning, and lead the development of policies and procedures to ensure the mitigation of security risks.
What You’ll Learn
- Develop and implement cyber security solutions considering the affordances and limitations of the computer operating systems, networks, application software and packages available.
- Develop best practices to protect business resources through the application of knowledge of vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Develop cyber security strategies for the deployment of security procedures and protective devices.
- Integrate cyber security strategies that support business functions by employing knowledge of best practices of business processes and systems.
- Develop cyber security strategies and processes for business communications that respond to the needs of all the internal stakeholders.
- Develop cyber security solutions and strategies that ensure the integrity of information in compliance with best practices, relevant policies, standards and regulations.
- Plan, implement and evaluate cyber security policies and strategies using project management principles to effectively respond to the needs of the organization’s information security requirements.
- Perform security audits to ensure risk mitigation and compliance with security plans, policies, standards, regulations and best practices.
- Develop and deliver a corporate training program to communicate both orally and in writing the cybersecurity requirements for compliance with security policies.
- Communicate cyber security protocols, policies and audit results and related documentation to any level of the organization.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Dec 23
Student Reviews (6)
This school is such a joke..they don't even deserve a one star. The instructors don't know how to teach and each one teaches us different things..when it should be consistent. I got a zero for getting different instruction from one instructor and then ...
This school is such a joke..they don't even deserve a one star. The instructors don't know how to teach and each one teaches us different things..when it should be consistent. I got a zero for getting different instruction from one instructor and then being told another thing and getting penalized for it. Also, the tuition should NOT be this ridiculously high..18k for getting treated like trash by the professors. They expected us to know how to take xrays on the first day and then makes us feel bad for not knowing when it's literally the first time ever practicing..It's so unnecessary for screaming at the students..i'm just disgusted by the behaviour of the staff in this program..
Great program. I applied 4 years after graduating from a graphic design program. Application process was straightforward and asked for short video answering what my favourite movie was and why but I think they recently added a video submission, so get ...
Great program. I applied 4 years after graduating from a graphic design program. Application process was straightforward and asked for short video answering what my favourite movie was and why but I think they recently added a video submission, so get your reel together. Since graduating I've worked on sets in Toronto and done freelance ad content for a few different agencies.