Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Dec 23
Jan 4-Dec 23
The Sheridan Mechanical Techniques – Plumbing program offers superior training and a pathway to apprenticeship as a plumber. Sheridan’s plumbing program stands out from the rest with its excellent instructors, superior equipment and facilities, and a strong reputation among employers.
This program trains students for entry-level positions in the field of plumbing. Plumbers install, repair and maintain pipes, fixtures and other plumbing equipment used for water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Students also learn how to conduct a job search, maintain proper work documentation, and communicate effectively on the job.
The skills you’ll learn go beyond the minimum requirements to become a plumbing apprentice. You’ll enter the workforce as a confident, capable plumbing apprentice with a solid foundation to build on.
What You’ll Learn
- Complete all work in compliance with current legislation, standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Contribute to the application of quality control and quality assurance procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Comply with current health and safety legislation, as well as organizational practices and procedures.
- Support sustainability best practices in workplaces.
- Use current and emerging technologies to support the implementation of mechanical and manufacturing projects.
- Troubleshoot and solve standard mechanical problems by applying mathematics and fundamentals of mechanics.
- Contribute to the interpretation and preparation of mechanical drawings and other related technical documents.
- Perform routine technical measurements accurately using appropriate instruments and equipment.
- Assist in manufacturing, assembling, maintaining and repairing mechanical components according to required specifications.
- Select, use and maintain machinery, tools and equipment for the installation, manufacturing and repair of basic mechanical components.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Dec 23
Student Reviews (1)
There's a weird narrative out there about Sheridan only caring about international students. I'm a domestic student and I finished my advanced diploma in marketing last year, which included the search marketing course. My profs were industry profession...
There's a weird narrative out there about Sheridan only caring about international students. I'm a domestic student and I finished my advanced diploma in marketing last year, which included the search marketing course. My profs were industry professionals who were extremely helpful and approachable. Most of them knew me by my first name.
I'm working at an agency in downtown Toronto right now and loving every second of it. I highly recommend the school and the program.