Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Oct 4-Sep 30
Oct 4-Sep 30
Get hands-on experience with a variety of projects, including short films, a web series, television broadcasts and commercials. Discover how an idea is taken from development to the big screen throughout our 48-week program.
Through the teachings of experienced instructors and by using industry standard equipment, you’ll receive comprehensive training focused on giving you the skills and creativity you need to land a role once you’ve completed your qualification. Regardless of whether you have experience in the industry, you’ll leave the program feeling confident.
What You’ll Learn
- Operate digital film cameras, lighting, and audio equipment professionally
- Scriptwriting and pitching process to develop films
- Create script breakdowns, production boards, schedules and directing productions
- Create and edit sound effects and determine appropriate music (sound design)
- Perform post-production activities (video editing, color correction, film-title design, etc.)
- Film budgeting and film stages of pre-production, production and post-production
- Understand film semiotics (the role of the framing, editing and sound forms of communication)
- Develop film/TV marketing and distribution plans
- Create special visual effects for film and television productions
- Shoot film and videos
- Develop and create a demo reel — digital portfolio to launch your career in film and TV
Employability and Career
75% of our students have secured employment within six months of graduation.*
Our graduates have gone onto pursue successful careers in the following roles:
- Camera operator
- Film/video editor
- Film producer/director/cinematographer
- Post-production work
Domestic $19,055 CAD
International $22,055 CAD
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Oct 4-Sep 30
Student Reviews (4)
What are the deadlines for the submission of registration
Our deadlines are flexible and we can accept new students up until the first day of classes. Once all admissions information has been submitted and reviewed, applicants can expect confirmation of acceptance within the week.
What are the admissions procedures for international students?
International students must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before submitting an application to Trebas Institute. They should begin their application efforts as early as possible to receive their letter of acceptance in time and be able to obtain the documents required by the Canadian government.
Is it possible to meet with a counsellor at Trebas Institute?
Yes - it is strongly recommended you meet with one of our admissions advisors to learn more about our programs.
Can you guarantee me a job after I graduate?
Unfortunately, no college can guarantee you a job, but we do help you find a hands-on internship at related enterprises, networking with industry professionals and a continuous placement service to provide you with the best opportunities for rewarding careers in the industry.