Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 8-May 18
Sep 8-May 18
This program is also suited for you if you want to enhance your career and have an educational background in computer science, network technology, computer engineering technology, web development, and other related fields.
You’ll learn to go beyond understanding cryptography and data structures, by gaining the confidence to advise organizations on how blockchain can offer significant business value and knowing when and when not to implement the technology. You’ll develop the knowledge and competencies to be strategic about implementing blockchain technologies from concept to deployment at your organization. Aside from critical technical skills, you will build and practice foundational cross-functional skills like complex problem solving, business acumen, and social perceptiveness.
What You’ll Learn
- Analyze appropriateness of blockchain for business use through development of a simplified qualification matrix.
- Select the most suitable consensus mechanism and platform in developing a blockchain solution.
- Design and develop a decentralized application on public and private blockchain in various sectorial contexts (e.g. currency, real estate, health).
- Define specifications for, and administer, performance testing for blockchain solutions.
- Collect and review metrics in diagnosing performance bottlenecks for blockchain technologies.
- Comply with specific standards and processes established for sharing of data and its security.
- Describe product development, product lifecycle management and client communication as it relates to back-end development
- Identify and use the appropriate products, tools and frameworks required to build and maintain a software application.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues related to rapid application and plugin development, artifacts, testing, building and deploying, security, performance turning, and dynamic and static typing.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 8-May 18
Student Reviews (11)
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are...
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are passionate about their jobs. For me, the most rewarding aspect was to meet exceptional classmates with whom I learned a lot. Thanks to #YUSCS!