Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 8-Apr 13
Sep 8-Apr 13
Managing a brand’s reputation in the public eye is no simple task. Whether you’re responding to a last-minute media inquiry, dealing with negative publicity, or monitoring the web for newsworthy content, the message is clear: to succeed in public relations, you need to be strategic and quick to adapt to new trends and technology. Top public relations executives agree that career success means being an incredible storyteller and trusted strategic business advisor—Someone who can leverage emerging technologies and critical thinking to build lasting relationships with stakeholders. This shift in skill demands is why top companies are struggling to hire and keep the right public relations professionals.
Created in collaboration with industry leaders, the 8 course full-time Post-Graduate Certificate in Public Relations gives you the expertise to broadcast your brand message to the right audience, at the right time, using both traditional and digital media. Real-world project work will give you the chance to learn and practice effective public relations strategies, business principles and stakeholder relationship management, as well as how to respond to crises and manage brand reputation. All this, while building the core job skills that top employers are looking for when hiring for public relations jobs.
What You’ll Learn
- Perform as a public relations/ communications practitioner.
- Plan, initiate and complete a Communications Plan.
- Think strategically and digitally to succeed in today’s marketplace.
- Determine what is newsworthy, coupled with strong writing skills.
- Create content across different channels (print, video, digital, visual, etc.) to engage targeted audiences.
- Handle and respond to incidents, issues, and crises that can threaten an organization’s reputation.
- Make data-driven decisions by using analytics and measurement.
- Apply ethics and industry codes of professional standards to Public Relations.
- Build a portfolio of work to demonstrate their knowledge and skills.
- Practice cross-functional “soft skills” to be more employable and successful in the workplace.
Student Reviews (11)
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are...
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are passionate about their jobs. For me, the most rewarding aspect was to meet exceptional classmates with whom I learned a lot. Thanks to #YUSCS!