Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Aug 29
Sep 3-Aug 29
This program provides the student with a solid foundation in areas closely connected to the construction and renovation industry. The variety of skills acquired in this program will enable the graduate to be a valuable asset to any contractor. These skills include framing, roofing, siding, flooring, drywall, window and door installation, decks and outdoor structures.
What You’ll Learn
- Identify and use strategies to enhance work performance and continued learning to keep pace with industry changes.
- Identify and adhere to established health and safety practices that apply to specific job sites, in accordance with current legislation and regulations.
- Perform building construction and renovation tasks in compliance with contracts, the Ontario and/or National Building Codes, applicable laws and industry’s ethical practices.
- Work in accordance with established sustainability practices.
- Communicate and collaborate with diverse clients, supervisors and tradespersons to complete projects on time and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Assist with maintaining accurate project documents and use computer technologies to support building construction and renovation projects.
- Solve on-site trade-related building and renovation problems by applying principles of basic technical mathematics and building science.
- Select, maintain and safely operate hand tools, and portable and stationary power tools, to efficiently complete building construction and renovation tasks.
- Assist with the completion of building and renovation stages, from site layout and footings to the application of interior and exterior finishes, according to specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of material estimations according to building construction and renovation project documents.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Aug 29
Student Reviews (3)
I am going back to get my BSN and I found the experience one of my best in life. Everybody was so helpful actually going out of their way to help me with OSAP and applying for the correct courses. Everybody from continuing education to the finance dep...
I am going back to get my BSN and I found the experience one of my best in life. Everybody was so helpful actually going out of their way to help me with OSAP and applying for the correct courses. Everybody from continuing education to the finance department went over and beyond their duties. They are organized and the steps are easy to follow. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity in my life to go back and do this. I am almost 50 years old and I thought I would get treated badly but it was the opposite. Thank you Sarah, Jeremy and everyone who went out of their way to help me with this journey. I recommend St Clair to everyone who wants to broaden their future!!
I’m currently in my 2nd year of the business-HR program and I must says that I’m loving it so far. Professors are one of the best and they really care about their students. They are always there to help you when needed. Classes are well maintained ...
I’m currently in my 2nd year of the business-HR program and I must says that I’m loving it so far. Professors are one of the best and they really care about their students. They are always there to help you when needed. Classes are well maintained and the teaching standard is very high. College campus has a great food court with Halal shawarma, Tim’s, Griffs, a huge computer lab that can be accessed by the students for free, a newly opened gaming center and much more! All the staff are very supportive. I so far haven’t regretted coming to St Clair.
The college is very strict on taking a retest or submitting an assignment past due which is excellent. That’s how it’s supposed to be and a lot of students hate when they aren’t allowed to submit their assignment past it’s due date.