Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jun 18-Feb 1
Average Class Size
WeCloudData’s Data Engineering diploma program focuses on helping students to acquire the essential data engineering skills, gain professional experience and prepare for data engineer careers.
What You’ll Learn
- Solid understanding of major big data and cloud platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Databricks, AWS, and GCP
- Able to build and deploy data pipelines on cloud platforms using workflow orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow and DBT
- Comfortable with building real-time and batch data ingestion
- Deep understanding of the pros and cons of different database systems
- Hands-on experience with data warehouse modeling and ETL
- Hands-on experience with DataOps tools such as Git, Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiar with all things data engineering for data scientists: maintaining pipelines, building feature stores, scheduling model training, monitoring, and deployment
- Solid understanding of data governance and managing data engineering projects
Self-paced learning guided and powered by our unique learning management system where you can watch lectures, work on your codes, test your progress with live quizzes, track your learning journey, and communicate with instructors and TA’s.
With the Part-Time program you’ll have access to:
- A flexible learning schedule: Wednesday Evenings and Saturday Full Day
- 6-month Career Support after graduation
- Hands-on projects
- Know the basics of Python and SQL (We will also provide online Python and SQL courses for you)
- An operating system with at least 8G of RAM (16G is preferred), 4 cores of CPU
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jun 18-Feb 1
Student Reviews (91)
I had a fantastic experience with WeCloudData. I was previously in structural engineering and had only done some matlab during my masters but I had a lot of experience with excel. The part-time courses were great as I was still working ~30-35h a week. ...
I had a fantastic experience with WeCloudData. I was previously in structural engineering and had only done some matlab during my masters but I had a lot of experience with excel. The part-time courses were great as I was still working ~30-35h a week. The curriculum was well structured and we had a lot of tutorials. It was definitely an applied data science course as we learned the fundamentals, but spent equal amounts of time on example problems. We had a project at the end of each unit - a mix of group projects and a final solo capstone. We were taught the python basic, statistics and probability, statistical ML, deep learning fundamentals, big data (spark/spark ML & AWS). This post-graduate diploma changed my life without having to be saddled with debt on another master's degree. I got a position with a VC-backed startup in the Philippines working as a Data Scientist shortly after graduation.
I highly recommend WCD to anyone looking to make a career switch and want to be challenged, but also don't feel a full master's degree is necessary to apply data science in solving business problems.
I had a great experience with the Business Intelligence bootcamp. It was beginner friendly and well structured. I learned new skills like SQL, Python, Tableau and Power BI and used those skills to work on projects i could add to my portfolio. The cours...
I had a great experience with the Business Intelligence bootcamp. It was beginner friendly and well structured. I learned new skills like SQL, Python, Tableau and Power BI and used those skills to work on projects i could add to my portfolio. The course had useful quizzes and assignments to practice my new skills. The icing on the cake is the career guidance where they have a mentorship program. I highly recommend this bootcamp for people looking to pivot into the world of Data Analytics.
Do you provide a certificate after completion of the course?
Yes we do! You will be given a WeCloudData Certificate of Achievement upon completion of our course.
I'm completely new to the field with no programming background, am I still able to enrol?
We strongly encourage meeting with our Program Manager for an assessment to determine which course is best for you. You can get in touch with us by requesting a course package on CourseCompare.ca.
Are your courses eligible for OSAP?
Sorry, our professional training courses are not eligible for OSAP.
Do you provide refunds?
Sorry, we have a strict no refund policy.
Can I pay in instalments?
Sorry, we cannot accept installments or a deposit. We can only accept a payment of the full amount before the course begins.
Do you provide computers?
We do provide laptops to our full-time students to use within the classrooms, however, we encourage you to bring in your own laptop so that you can learn on a machine that you are comfortable with and can take home to continue working on.
Do you provide career support after graduation?
We provide all of our students with post-course mentoring by reviewing your resume, helping you develop your interview skills, sharing current job market trends, and providing you with the advice given to us from hiring managers within the field.