Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Aug 7-Jul 30
Aug 7-Jul 30
This program is geared toward motivated individuals looking for rewarding careers in software engineering, electronics engineering, computer engineering, product development, machine learning, artificial intelligence, aerospace, internet networking, cyber security, internet-of-things, robotics and the next generation of smart devices and technology. This program is ideally suited for makers, tinkerers and analytical thinkers.
This Honours-level Bachelor of Engineering program is a project-based learning environment where you will apply engineering and project management principles to solve real-world problems. You will develop the engineering skills to be job-ready to analyze, design and build the systems and products of tomorrow. Over the four years of the program, you will build your software and electronics engineering know-how and tackle many hands-on projects, leading to an open-ended capstone design project where you will investigate, design, implement and prototype a solution to an important societal problem. Expand your leadership and teamwork skills as you work on group-based projects throughout the program.
You will participate in a total of twelve months of co-op to gain valuable experience for your career. Co-op work terms are strategically scheduled to allow you to apply what you learn in the classroom, and the hours you work in industry gain you credit towards your Professional Engineers Ontario work experience requirements. Students have opportunities for both co-op and post-graduate jobs at high profile companies both domestic and international.
This program that has been accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB) of Engineers Canada. Graduating from this program satisfies the academic requirements needed to apply for a license as a professional engineer in Canada.
What You’ll Learn
- Apply university level mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering principles to solve engineering problems involving electronic systems.
- Apply critical thinking to identify, formulate, analyze, and solve complex engineering problems related to the design and application of electronic systems, to reach substantiated conclusions.
- Determine requirements and develop specifications for electronic systems.
- Conduct investigations related to electronic systems using methods that include appropriate research and experimentation, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to reach substantiated conclusions.
- Evaluate, verify and validate electronic systems against specifications and requirements.
- Creatively transform ideas and concepts into robust technical solutions that meet stakeholder requirements specifically considering health and safety risks, applicable standards, and economic, environmental, cultural and societal constraints.
- Design, model, analyze, simulate, implement, and integrate electronic systems hardware and software to realize solutions that conform to design specifications and stakeholder requirements.
- Create, select, adapt, and extend appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools for the design, analysis, simulation, evaluation, and implementation of electronic systems, and apply them appropriately giving consideration to their associated limitations.
- Apply concepts of human relations and organizational behaviour to establish and maintain effective relationships using leadership, interpersonal, group dynamics and conflict resolution skills across diverse teams and groups.
- Communicate complex engineering concepts to technical and non-technical audiences using written, oral, and graphical methods producing effective reports, presentations, design documentation, and instructions.
- Interpret professional, ethical, and legal codes of practice required to be in compliance with industrial, labour and environmental legislation, and to protect the public and public interest.
- Apply the concepts of sustainability, environmental stewardship, and an awareness of societal impacts, including an appreciation for the interactions and uncertainties involved, to design and development activities.
- Apply professional ethics, accountability and equity to demonstrate, value, and respect diversity across global and societal contexts.
- Integrate technical skills and knowledge with current business practices to provide economically sound solutions to product realization problems.
- Effectively manage enterprise resources and risk through the application of project management principles and techniques.
- Identify and address individual needs for continuing education and professional development to maintain technical and professional competence, and to contribute to the advancement of knowledge.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Aug 7-Jul 30
Student Reviews (8)
Lots of work-integrated (WIL) learning and amazing community feel to this program at Conestoga. Invaluable experience in a kindergarten classroom topped off excellent classroom training by first-rate professors in this bachelor's degree program. Highly...
Lots of work-integrated (WIL) learning and amazing community feel to this program at Conestoga. Invaluable experience in a kindergarten classroom topped off excellent classroom training by first-rate professors in this bachelor's degree program. Highly recommended.
I'm in my second year of the Software Engineering Technology program and have only great things to say about my experience. Good faculty and curriculum, nice campus, and a lot of focus on career support and practical training. Glad I chose it over comp...
I'm in my second year of the Software Engineering Technology program and have only great things to say about my experience. Good faculty and curriculum, nice campus, and a lot of focus on career support and practical training. Glad I chose it over computer science in the end.