Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 25
Sep 6-Aug 25
Through classroom, lab, simulation and clinical experience, apply knowledge and technical skills to deliver critical diagnostic cardiac images and data using sonographic technology.
What You’ll Learn
- Develop theoretical and clinical competency in the field of cardiac sonography.
- Apply sonographic physics principles of safety and quality assurance to ensure the proper use of ultrasound waves for cardiac imaging.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills while imaging complex cardiac anatomy and assessing hemodynamics.
- Deliver safe and effective patient care and communication through best practice aligning with professional standards, code of ethics and legal requirements.
This is a limited enrolment program. Applicants must possess one of the following qualifications:
- A Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- A graduate of a two-year registered health professions diploma program with six credit hours in Human Anatomy and Physiology, or equivalent, and six more health care-related credit hours (i.e., ethics, psychology, patient care, medical research, etc). Such health occupations include but are not limited to Medical Radiation Technologist, Respiratory Therapist, Registered Practical Nurse, Cardiovascular Technologist, Registered Massage Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a registered health professions program with six credit hours in Human Anatomy and Physiology, or equivalent, and six more health care-related hours (i.e., ethics, psychology, patient care, medical research, etc). Such degrees include but are not limited to BSc Kinesiology, BA Kinesiology, BSc Nursing, Bachelor of Medical Radiation Sciences, Bachelor of Health Sciences, Bachelor of Applied Health Sciences, MSc OT and MSc PT
- Applicants that have not been active in their profession within the past 5 years are not eligible to apply to the program
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 25
Student Reviews (1)
The program and faculty are great, but virtual delivery was a nightmare. MyCanvas took a long time to figure out and not all professors even use it! I was given a timetable but I didn't know if class was going to be live/online or if I would be gettin...
The program and faculty are great, but virtual delivery was a nightmare. MyCanvas took a long time to figure out and not all professors even use it! I was given a timetable but I didn't know if class was going to be live/online or if I would be getting pre-recorded lectures ahead of time. I know from last year's experience that this is normally an excellent program. I just wish Mohawk would figure out online learning because it's negatively affecting the overall learning experience. If you're a Mohawk student struggling with the online experience, please email the dean in charge of academic quality to have your voice heard: [email protected]