Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Sep 6
Sep 6-Sep 6
Jan 3 - Dec 22 2023
Learn the latest tools, techniques, and mindset that will prepare you for a fulfilling career as a project manager. Study in a field that is both highly sought after and relevant to today’s business problems and opportunities. This program addresses emerging trends in project management through courses in Agile project management. You’ll earn micro-badges in Process Mapping and Analytics with the Mohawk/IBM partnership. Upon completion of the first semester of the program, you’ll be eligible to write the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification (an entry-level designation offered by the Project Management Institute, PMI).
What You’ll Learn
- Use a variety of project management techniques, skills, and knowledge to support improved business outcomes.
- Develop strategies to bridge the gap between business needs and the desired outcome using appropriate project management tools, techniques, and mindset.
- Assess approaches to solving business problems using established evidence-based decision-making techniques.
- Understand what the project performance data that you are collecting is telling you and how to guide projects to successful completion.
- Use a project management approach to communicate technical and business information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Manage project goals, constraints, deliverables, performance criteria, quality control needs, and resource requirements as defined by project stakeholders.
- Align management and leadership strategies when working on projects according to internal organizational culture.
- Adapt management style in response to issues that arise when managing projects.
- Facilitate communication, negotiation, and collaboration with all stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Ensure compliance of ethical and professional standards when managing projects.
- Manage relationships and resolve conflict to establish motivation and promote positive organizational change.
- Develop and apply strategies for career and professional development to enhance work performance for self and others.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Sep 6
Student Reviews (3)
I graduated 5 years ago, so this is maybe old and not relevant. The professors were knowledgable and very easy to talk to. They will be available to you when you need them. The coop helped me get a great job n IT, so I shouldn't complain, but it was ha...
I graduated 5 years ago, so this is maybe old and not relevant. The professors were knowledgable and very easy to talk to. They will be available to you when you need them. The coop helped me get a great job n IT, so I shouldn't complain, but it was hard work figuring out where to go and managing administration. So the learning here is really good but I hope they smoothed out this process for getting students into coops.
I got to work with McMaster University through the BTech (bachelor of technology) partnership program. Through this I was able to complete my diploma at Mohawk and get a degree at McMaster in IT in about 2.5 years. I took the software engineering techn...
I got to work with McMaster University through the BTech (bachelor of technology) partnership program. Through this I was able to complete my diploma at Mohawk and get a degree at McMaster in IT in about 2.5 years. I took the software engineering technology stream and learned more about how to "do" and build technology than some of my friends in university CompSci programs. A lot of my courses were online and I appreciated the free time this gave me to study when I wanted to. As an added bonus, I got a training in business and product development in building software and infrastructure. This is key because it helped me get a job and get promoted faster because I had the technical and PM experience.