Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 3-Dec 20
Jan 3-Dec 20
Transform your passion for tourism and travel into a lifelong rewarding career. Mohawk’s Tourism Program provides a unique cross-section of education and training and offers an excellent broad-based program of study that provides information and training in all sectors of tourism. It is fully accredited and endorsed through Association of Canadian Travel Agencies and courses and content are directly aligned with current industry standards. You’ll acquire specialized skills in Sabre and Apollo Reservation Systems and develop communication, business and industry-specific computer skills.
What You’ll Learn
- Support an industry and workplace service culture by adopting a positive attitude and professional decorum, accommodating diverse and special needs, and contributing as a team member.
- Deliver customer service and solutions that anticipate, meet and/or exceed individual expectations, as well as organizational expectations, standards and objectives.
- Use marketing concepts, market research, social networks, sales strategies, relationship management skills and product knowledge to promote and sell tourism products, services and customer experiences.
- Apply business principles as well as basic accounting, budgeting, financial and administration skills to support the effective management and operation of a variety of organizations delivering tourism products and services.
- Comply with relevant organization and workplace systems, processes, policies, standards, legal obligations and regulations, and apply risk management principles, to support and maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy tourism operations.
- Use appropriate technologies to enhance the quality and delivery of tourism products, services and customer experiences, to measure the effectiveness of tourism operations and to participate in tourism development.
- Keep current with tourism trends and issues, and interdependent relationships in the broader tourism industry sectors to improve work performance and guide career development.
- Use leadership, teamwork, conflict and relationship management skills and tools, as well as knowledge of organizational behaviour, employment standards and human rights to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Respond to issues and dilemmas arising in the delivery of tourism products, services and customer experiences by using and promoting ethical behaviour and best practices of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 3-Dec 20
Student Reviews (3)
I graduated 5 years ago, so this is maybe old and not relevant. The professors were knowledgable and very easy to talk to. They will be available to you when you need them. The coop helped me get a great job n IT, so I shouldn't complain, but it was ha...
I graduated 5 years ago, so this is maybe old and not relevant. The professors were knowledgable and very easy to talk to. They will be available to you when you need them. The coop helped me get a great job n IT, so I shouldn't complain, but it was hard work figuring out where to go and managing administration. So the learning here is really good but I hope they smoothed out this process for getting students into coops.
I got to work with McMaster University through the BTech (bachelor of technology) partnership program. Through this I was able to complete my diploma at Mohawk and get a degree at McMaster in IT in about 2.5 years. I took the software engineering techn...
I got to work with McMaster University through the BTech (bachelor of technology) partnership program. Through this I was able to complete my diploma at Mohawk and get a degree at McMaster in IT in about 2.5 years. I took the software engineering technology stream and learned more about how to "do" and build technology than some of my friends in university CompSci programs. A lot of my courses were online and I appreciated the free time this gave me to study when I wanted to. As an added bonus, I got a training in business and product development in building software and infrastructure. This is key because it helped me get a job and get promoted faster because I had the technical and PM experience.