Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 28
Sep 6-Apr 28
Conestoga College’s Event Management program is a one-year, full-time graduate certificate program that is specifically designed to meet the needs of a growing industry in the planning and management of virtual and live in-person events. The program provides graduate students with specialized training and practical hands-on learning opportunities. Students will develop a portfolio of event experience while collaborating with community partners designing, developing, promoting, and executing events in the public, non-profit, and corporate sectors. Students will utilize project management systems and technological applications; they will apply traditional, virtual, and social marketing tools. Students will create budgets, cost the food and beverage elements of catering, select venues, manage staffing, and customer stakeholder relations. The faculty team are event industry professionals who have over 100 combined years of experience managing, owning, and operating hospitality businesses and event companies.
What You’ll Learn
- Create, plan, and design an event to meet organizational and/or client needs.
- Coordinate event site, logistics, and staging, to achieve the event objectives.
- Plan, promote and produce marketing plans and communications for events that meet organizational and/or client objectives.
- Coordinate staff, contractors and volunteers to deliver the desired results of an event.
- Manage the financial aspects of an event to meet event objectives.
- Manage the business operations for administration, procurement, and oversight of event projects, to meet organization and/or client needs.
- Develop strategies to mitigate risk and liability to ensure the safety and security of participants during the event.
- Conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner with clients, contractors and participants of events to create and maintain positive experiences and relationships.
- Formulate strategies that support intercultural awareness and inclusion to create events that meet the needs of diverse populations.
- Develop and implement funding mechanisms to support event objectives such as sponsorships programs, fundraising initiatives and/or grants.
- Select industry standard technology platforms, systems, tools and applications to support the planning and operation of events.
- Engage in ongoing learning for professional and career growth.
- A two- or three-year diploma or a degree from an accredited college or university.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 28
Student Reviews (8)
Lots of work-integrated (WIL) learning and amazing community feel to this program at Conestoga. Invaluable experience in a kindergarten classroom topped off excellent classroom training by first-rate professors in this bachelor's degree program. Highly...
Lots of work-integrated (WIL) learning and amazing community feel to this program at Conestoga. Invaluable experience in a kindergarten classroom topped off excellent classroom training by first-rate professors in this bachelor's degree program. Highly recommended.
I'm in my second year of the Software Engineering Technology program and have only great things to say about my experience. Good faculty and curriculum, nice campus, and a lot of focus on career support and practical training. Glad I chose it over comp...
I'm in my second year of the Software Engineering Technology program and have only great things to say about my experience. Good faculty and curriculum, nice campus, and a lot of focus on career support and practical training. Glad I chose it over computer science in the end.