Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 1
Sep 6-Apr 1
This is a highly specialized, advanced program in the theory and practice of all phases of producing creative sound for film, television, gaming, web animations, live audio, video and all new media forms. Concept building is emphasized through various means: audio production and surround sound design and mixing, field recording, ADR, Foley, live sound and game sound techniques. Students are engaged in individual and collaborative projects involving practical and process oriented instruction, working with other graduate certificate programs and departments within the College, as well as independent lab time.
Industry linkages and competitive portfolios are built based on high level team building skills and intensive problem solving. This specialization prepares students well for career opportunities within the audio production and post-production industry.
What You’ll Learn
- Practice leadership in all areas of pre-production, production, and post-production in the audio industry.
- Initiate and maintain professional working relationships with clients and related program professionals within the College and/or community.
- Develop and generalize industry-specific advanced technical and problem-solving skills.
- Plan audio sound design through project management, scope of project and vision for pre-production, production and post-production.
- Manage multiple audio and video projects of various types simultaneously while assuming different roles.
- Produce market-ready materials with focus on audio for picture, live production and broadcast including mixing, editing, capture, script-writing, casting and budgeting.
- Create a business plan for entrepreneurial, freelance and corporate work in the fast-paced audio-post production field.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 1
Student Reviews (2)
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from ...
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from reading theories and essay writing to producing content and connecting with my fellow filmmakers was exactly what I needed.
The environment of AFM is a lot more intimate than the university experience. You are always working in groups to create projects and receiving constant feedback from the professors. If you want to learn the ins and outs making a film, and meet the people who are going to help you do it, there is no better place to go than Fanshawe’s Advanced Filmmaking program.