Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 30
Sep 7-Aug 30
Jan 4 - Dec 27 2024
The Game – Design program at Fanshawe College is an intensive three-year advanced diploma focusing on the tools and techniques necessary to gain employment in the video game industry. The goal of the program is to provide students with the professional and artistic skills necessary to create compelling and innovative games.
Students will develop 2D and 3D skills by studying a curriculum focused initially on the core principles of video game creation. Foundation courses including art & design theory, modelling, animation, texturing, anatomy and drawing will provide the basis for understanding the various components that make up a video game. An integral part of the Game – Design program at Fanshawe College is its relationship to the local community. London, Ontario has a vibrant and growing video game industry. Professionals from this community include game designers, animators, producers and art directors who will play an important role by providing mentorship to students through critique and guest lectures.
Graduates of this program will find entry-level positions in the video game industry as concept artists, animators, level and game designers.
What You’ll Learn
- Analyze the differences in game genres in order to develop games that meet the needs of specific markets.
- Analyze the history of video games to compare various approaches to game development.
- Support the development of games by identifying and relating concepts from a range of industry roles—programming, design, and art.
- Contribute as an individual and a member of a game development team to the effective completion of a game development project.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance in the games industry.
- Perform all work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations, legislation, industry standards and codes of ethics.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 30
Student Reviews (2)
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from ...
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from reading theories and essay writing to producing content and connecting with my fellow filmmakers was exactly what I needed.
The environment of AFM is a lot more intimate than the university experience. You are always working in groups to create projects and receiving constant feedback from the professors. If you want to learn the ins and outs making a film, and meet the people who are going to help you do it, there is no better place to go than Fanshawe’s Advanced Filmmaking program.